Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    Some lovely bikes in here!  Keep trying to post mine but get 'your comment will appear when its been approved.' Never had that before, then they don't show up!
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I got a reply from Mango about the Point R with Full 105. It's 9.3kg.

in other news, I really like the flared drop bars, gave me a much better had position and I actually spent some time in the drops!  Probably a couple of CM too wide but they were supposed to be for my 26" mountain bike but I'd thought I'd try them on the Road bike. Could order smaller ones and use these as planned.

jimmyd said:
    New (to me) track bike! Now trying to justify spending a shed load on some superb sexy Fast Forward carbon tubs...

https://imgur.com/gallery/MUDoQ
    Really like that, would love to try one but don't think I'd get on with one long term.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    jimmyd said:
    New (to me) track bike! Now trying to justify spending a shed load on some superb sexy Fast Forward carbon tubs...

https://imgur.com/gallery/MUDoQ
    That bike looks amazing, where do you ride it?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    Thanks! I ride at Derby Velodrome, working up to racing in the track leagues there. I wholly recommend it, track racing is simultaneously the most enjoyable and hardest cycling I've ever done!
    I've been tinkering tonight...the Carrera Vanquish has had its Crud Racer II's taken off so I can put Shimano RS21's with Conti Ultra Sport 25c on it. I have also replaced the Tektro Calipers with Shimano 105. I could feel the difference in weight between the Tektros and the 105.

ive got a 105 front derailleur to go on it to match the back 105.   What I really need is a bargain set of 105 shifters so I can use a ten speed casette.  It will get some Gatorskin 25c this week too. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    What shifters are on it? You'll need an older set of 10 speed 105 shifters I think otherwise the indexing won't be right. eBay might be your best bet, or alternatively the new Tiagra shifters should work.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    It's got Claris on it. The Rd is a new 5800 which can handle 11 speed but I'll try and get the 5700 Set which is 10 speed. 
    Hertz32 said:
    I should have my Mango Point Blank arriving Saturday. Ordered it on the 6th, but then they do build the frames to order so I won't begrudge the wait! I opted for a natural brown leather saddle, pursuit bars and 25c Gatorskins for everyday riding. 
    It'll eventually get some Carbon Cane creek 200tt levers to pair with it's stock Tektro R315's (Not pictured). Some Restrap Diagonal pedal straps and some Crud mudguards. As well as gradually upgrading bits and bobs like a Carbon bladed fork and decent deep rimmed wheels. Should get me around town well enough for the foreseeable future! 
    I'm entirely new to road as well as SS riding, having come from a MTB background but I'm excited :) 

https://www.mangobikes.com/shop/bikes/point-blank/point-blank-raw/

@Hertz32 that looks amazing! I wouldn't mind single speed, but not sure I'm brave enough to ride a fixed gear around town. Someone at work has got a Bombtrack SS which looks similarly classy to your new Mango.

@Niallmo I thought all Mango were SS/FG didn't know you could get them with gears.

My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    jimmyd said:
    Thanks! I ride at Derby Velodrome, working up to racing in the track leagues there. I wholly recommend it, track racing is simultaneously the most enjoyable and hardest cycling I've ever done!
    Very interesting. We've got a fairly new outdoor velodrome track here in York which I quite fancy trying. They do taster sessions which I might try in the spring (not sure how much it's open over winter being outdoor). I bet it's quite addictive watching your speeds increase over the weeks/months.

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    BigMonka said:
    Hertz32 said:
    I should have my Mango Point Blank arriving Saturday. Ordered it on the 6th, but then they do build the frames to order so I won't begrudge the wait! I opted for a natural brown leather saddle, pursuit bars and 25c Gatorskins for everyday riding. 
    It'll eventually get some Carbon Cane creek 200tt levers to pair with it's stock Tektro R315's (Not pictured). Some Restrap Diagonal pedal straps and some Crud mudguards. As well as gradually upgrading bits and bobs like a Carbon bladed fork and decent deep rimmed wheels. Should get me around town well enough for the foreseeable future! 
    I'm entirely new to road as well as SS riding, having come from a MTB background but I'm excited :) 

https://www.mangobikes.com/shop/bikes/point-blank/point-blank-raw/

@Hertz32 that looks amazing! I wouldn't mind single speed, but not sure I'm brave enough to ride a fixed gear around town. Someone at work has got a Bombtrack SS which looks similarly classy to your new Mango.

@Niallmo I thought all Mango were SS/FG didn't know you could get them with gears.

Many thanks BM! Have just received the postage confirmation so it'll be here tomorrow and will be sure to take lots of gratuitous pics for you all. I'll run it as SS for a week or so whilst I get used to the gearing and how it rides before giving fixed a shot with the brakes still attached! 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    @Niallmo how many bikes do you have?!

I have two any my wife has one, and that's about as many as we have space for. You must have about 20!
    Carrera Vanquish
    Charge Cooker 1 29" MTB
    Mongoose Subject BMX
    Triumph Trafficmaster 20" folder 1976
    Raleigh Team Corsa 12 Panasonic colours 1985
    Dawes Impulse 531c 1990's
    MBK Adventure 26" MTB
    https://www.strava.com/activities/752002962/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1477121975

https://www.strava.com/activities/752643020/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1477158113

Straight in and out really. It was about 15 miles each way but relatively flat.

this has less miles but hillier at key points.
    edited October 2016
    I was sure you'd posted more than that in this thread!

I made the mistake of popping down to CRC today to try the Cube. They have one in my size, it looks good and rides well and the hydraulic brakes seem excellent, with the 105 gear as quietly very good as ever. 
    They also do 0% finance over 12 months which would only be £70 a month..
    I haven't bought it yet but it's likely I will unfortunately.
    edited October 2016
    @strdv yes, serial flipper of bikes and guitars....
    edited November 2016
    Well my Triban 520 is gone, sold it this evening, which clears space and provides some funds for a disc brake equipped winter bike.

I had my heart set on a Cube Attain SL Disc 2016, currently on sale in CRC for £839 from £1199.

I tried one out, and confirmed that cube sizing is indeed on the small side so I'm a 58 rather than a 56 which is my usual.
    Sadly now I've noticed that Rutland Cycling have the Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc (same as the SL Disc but carbon rather than alloy frame, so a little lighter and more compliant) for £999 from £1499, which seems even better.
    I'm not a carbon snob, but £160 for a lighter, more comfortable bike seems reasonable. I prefer screwfit BB but even the alloy version is pressfit, so no real advantage to it, and the welding around the BB wasn't the tidiest I've seen on the alloy version.

My only reservation is that Black Friday is pretty close, so I wonder if I should hold out and see if they're even cheaper.
    CRC is local to me, and although they don't have an official price match policy, I wonder if they'd match the Rutland price if I went in and paid up front.
    Also nearly a grand for a winter bike is a lot of money (although my Canyon is now two grand so I guess it's not too bad really).

I'm also really looking forward to the spring. I'm doing some interval training and seeing definite fitness gains, and even losing a little weight in spite of not doing so many miles, so I reckon after training all winter on a heavier bike I should find the Canyon very quick in spring.
    I weighed myself at 75.6kg on Saturday which is the lightest I've been in a decade. I'm looking at doing a 175km hilly sportive in June (8000ft of climbing), and I reckon I'd need to be about 73kg to be in really top shape for it.
     It's N+1 really. Always get another bike unless the upgrade to same spec is cheaper. I reckon I'll have a commuter (The Carrera) and something lighter but very race. My only concern is the 57.5cm top tube length on the Carrera is a stretch but I think I've adjusted to the position. It's got a 2cm shorter stem and the flared bars are ace. I was in the drops quite a lot yesterday and it felt pretty good.  I think spending about  £100 to get it to full 105 is worth it in this case as that should get it under 10kg.

I do need to get back out on the Raleigh or Dawes too. They are steel, the Dawes is 531 and a shade over 10kg and the 501 Raleigh is about 10.5kg. I'm going to sell the Dawes to partly fund the upgrades.

In an ideal world the commuter/winter bike would be about 8.5kg so I'd need to go over £2k to get something at about 7kg. I don't ride enough to justify that yet.

That Cube Attain GTC was one I was looking at, the spec on the Cubes is great. If I was paying cash I'd get a Canyon.

Im going to be commuting to work almost ever day now, probably 4 times a week so I should get that last bit of fitness and weight to where I want it to be. Don't think I can drop weight so it's the bikes that need to get lighter now. Would love to do a longer Sportive next year, and I'd likt to a 50 miler once a month.