Anyone tried the new Orange Crush range?

ParkerParker Frets: 960
Particularly interested in the CR120 According to Orange theyre a solid state version of the Rockerverb series - possibly my all time favourite amp. Hard up on GAS pennies having bought a Lester, so the £299 is attractive. PMt have them in stock so popping down to try.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Make sure to report back!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Im keen to know about these too...dont understand why they dont do a 60w head.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I too am keen to know!!
    i went for a walk down Denmark st...Macaris has one...was really tempted to give it a go...but didn't...
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    samzadgan said:
    i went for a walk down Denmark st...Macaris has one...was really tempted to give it a go...but didn't...

Oh, why was that?

ROOG said:
    samzadgan said:

Oh, why was that?
    because i'd been at the same shop last week trying out TH30 and an OR15...and the guy was asking me about what I've decided on...so i bought a micro crush and left the shop...i should grow some balls and do what i want in those shops! For what ever reason when ever i go into a guitar shop i feel like a teenager going in to buy my first guitar!

PS for the record...that micro crush is a very handy little amp and sounds surprisingly good!
    @Parker hey man, did you end up trying one these amps out? any thoughts on it?

i saw this recent demo which sounds quite good...

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    samzadgan said:
    ROOG said:
    samzadgan said:

Oh, why was that?
    because i'd been at the same shop last week trying out TH30 and an OR15...and the guy was asking me about what I've decided on...so i bought a micro crush and left the shop...i should grow some balls and do what i want in those shops! For what ever reason when ever i go into a guitar shop i feel like a teenager going in to buy my first guitar!

PS for the record...that micro crush is a very handy little amp and sounds surprisingly good!
    @samzadgan I have the same feeling in guitar shops, it might help if I could play a bit better. It's even worse when they try to flatter I'd rather the truth!

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    samzadgan said:
    Im keen to know about these too...dont understand why they dont do a 60w head.
    +1 I'd be really interested in a 60w head if they did one. The 120 wouldn't suit my cab :-(
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I didnt try it in the end as struck a good deal on a valve head the last minute. I'd still be interested in trying one as an alternative andsaw a pile of them in PMT all looking very smart, but I had by baby with me so couldnt play anything!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    I tried the CR35 at PMT and didn't really like it - Clean sounds were good but overdrive sounds were somewhat fizzy. Ended up buying a Cube instead which was much more to my liking. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it