NBD #2

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750
*sigh*

Having sold loads of pedals and spent a little of the money on a uke bass, I thought I'd finished with GAS.

My feeble excuse is that while the uke bass is great for my slightly knackered left hand (I don't play as much as I did and with the damage to my little finger, I can't stretch as far as I could) I can't play it in the evening as it's disturbing my ex-who's-still-here and her recording work (she's doing some audiobooks).

So what about a short-scale bass that doesn't cost a lot ?

I popped into PMT this morning and popped out again with a Squier SS Jaguar bass in metallic red - it needs a little bit of work on the frets but for something to noodle on it's not bad at all.

PMT very nicely price-matched GAK's price so I got it for a bargain £191, which was nice.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool. Looks good in red.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750
    Update:

Having only tweaked it a little when I got it and because I was bored earlier, I've just spent an hour leveling the frets and, having discovered that the neck screws were woefully short and barely holding the neck on, fitted some decent neck screws.

Because the neck is now on properly I had to re-do the set up and it's now much better. I had a Squier Classic Vibe P Bass to set up this morning and compared the two - no obvious difference in tone despite the shorter scale length, which was nice to hear.

My view is that apart from the neck screws it's a tidy little bass and good value for £190 :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom