More stuff from Oil City ...

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9986
edited March 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
It's going to be a Tele spring ... forum offer coming soon!
Just to let everyone know, our 'Liquidator' 1/4 inch pole Tele set is now fully on line and in stock ... thanks to our wondrous new Co2 gas laser. 13k bridge, 10k neck and a lot more true 'Tele' sounding than other 1`/4 mag models.
The very popular 'Alligator' Tele bridge unit is now available in alnico 5 as well as original ceramic.
All our Tele neck pickups are now available 'topless' ... at the moment to special order ... but that will be a site option as soon as I can update the Oil City site.

Once again. thanks to the laser, the production of the humbucker sized Cow-T-Ron (Filtertron type) has gone up a gear and these are available from stock in nickel ... and in gold to special order. Blade versions of these and our Gretsch sized Cow-T-Rons will be available hopefully by the end of the month.

The 'Marlene' Gibson style classic Mini humbucker is now available from the site, as is the Oil City Masterwound  Jin-Go P90.

Oh and Strat lovers will be getting a 1/4 inch pole 'Liquidator Strat' set shortly! 

Ahhhh as a footnote ... stand by for 1/4 inch pole Jaguar pickups soon!
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    Superb. 

Good to see results from the new toy/laser!  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
    What's the significance of the 1/4 inch pole ash?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9986
    tFB Trader
    Bigger the magnet the more magnet mass, the stronger the flux. more power without the treble loss of excessive over winding. Add to this a big, fat bottom end ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Does it also mean less sustain because of the magnetic pull on the strings? Or is that negligible?
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @TheGuitarWeasel I was just thinking about an upgrade to my Baja Tele bridge pickup. Finding it a little thin (yeah I know it's a tele, but even so ...). Do you have anything that's more chunky - more low end and mids but still retains the tele bite?

Have installed a few of your pickups and always been impressed.

Cheers!
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    4114Effects, please allow me to chime in:

I installed a HonkyTonk Angel in an ash-bodied, maple-necked tele and it did just that. Retained the classic tele tone, but with a lot of body and took gain like a champion. Not piercing or thin at all.

But Ash has more modern voiced options too.
    tFB Trader
    metale said:
    4114Effects, please allow me to chime in:

I installed a HonkyTonk Angel in an ash-bodied, maple-necked tele and it did just that. Retained the classic tele tone, but with a lot of body and took gain like a champion. Not piercing or thin at all.

But Ash has more modern voiced options too.
    Largely what he says lol ... the Angel is quite chunky at the bottom end ... if you want more chunk, then an Alligator or a Liquidator are available. 

• NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I put the Honky Tonk Angel in the bridge position of my Strat; it's definitely not thin - good, fat Tele tone

edited March 2016 tFB Trader
    NPP said:
    I put the Honky Tonk Angel in the bridge position of my Strat; it's definitely not thin - good, fat Tele tone
    The Angel is basically an alnico 2 Broadcaster unit ... so built to have a fatter bottom end and a big mid push.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Was the Liquidator Strat prototpe bridge unit for sale on here a while back, Ash? ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like I'll go for the Angel then. Do we have a forum discount? ;-)
    tFB Trader
    Was the Liquidator Strat prototpe bridge unit for sale on here a while back, Ash? ;)
    It was ... sharp eyes you :-)

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    edited March 2016

It's in my desk drawer..! :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

When will the liquidator strat set be available @theguitarweasel
    tFB Trader
    Around two weeks ... but I can take advance orders :-)

Can you pm me a price ash?
    tFB Trader
    Will do

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    mudslide73;1000463" said:

It's in my desk drawer..! :)
    Did you get that off of Impmann ?

Wouldn't mind that back if you fancy moving it on.
    Or I suppose failing that I could just buy a production one from Ash !