NPD - New Project Day -Telecaster - its FINISHED!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Looks good , well done. :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks great!
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Awesome :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    nice one. I do like those Wudtone finishes
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'd really like to try Wudtone on an LP style guitar. The sustain should be enormous.
  • Very nice :)
  • DeeTee said:
    I'd really like to try Wudtone on an LP style guitar. The sustain should be enormous.
    Funny you should mention that. So would I , will get round to it one day.  
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Looks excellent!
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Wow it really stands out against the other 2. Really lovely.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Great job, like it !
  • Very nice. I put something very similar together in the summer but with a maple neck. Tortoiseshell guards and natural finishes are a match made in heaven, imo. :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Hello - I'm one half of the Custom CoolEtch team (those vile etched guitar plates, ha ha! (bit harsh!)).  Loving those teles, impmann, and I'm doing two builds with wudtone finishes just now myself.  Started the base coats yesterday and am really impressed so far (and relieved that it's so easy!).

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited January 2014
    Chris_akaBBB;127423" said:
    Hello - I'm one half of the Custom CoolEtch team (those vile etched guitar plates, ha ha! (bit harsh!)).  Loving those teles, impmann, and I'm doing two builds with wudtone finishes just now myself.  Started the base coats yesterday and am really impressed so far (and relieved that it's so easy!).
    I don't suppose you can etch chrome plated hardware, can you? It'll prolly ruin the plating.

Just thinking out loud for bridge and control plate maybe I can have a cool etching too!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665

Hello - I'm one half of the Custom CoolEtch team (those vile etched guitar plates, ha ha! (bit harsh!)).  Loving those teles, impmann, and I'm doing two builds with wudtone finishes just now myself.  Started the base coats yesterday and am really impressed so far (and relieved that it's so easy!).

ACE - start a build thread, mate! What colour are you doing to go with the etched plate (assuming you are fitting one)? Personally, speaking I think the etched guards look interesting - kinda Post-Apolcalyptic! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

I really liked the etched plates. Perhaps he wasn't speaking for all of us..

Pictures of the build would be really appreciated :)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Chris_akaBBBChris_akaBBB Frets: 6
    edited January 2014

I'm doing a La Cab style in dark amber and a T style with forearm contour in dairy blond.  The La cab will have two gretsch filtertrons and the dairy blond will have Oil City pickups (Honky Tonk Angels).  Both are having a satin aging top coat.  I'm also doing a really heavy relic T style and a TV yellow T style (Fender 52 reissue pickups), plus I'm nearly finished doing a nice daphne blue relic 60s style ("Blue Bird") - I have a CCE plate on that one already and plan CCE plates and parts for the others too.

Here's some pics of my nearly finished relic blue bird.  I'll do another thread when I work out how to to cover my builds in more detail and related stuff.  Early stage dairy blond and dark amber in background....;)image

Happy to take feedback either positive or negative/constructive, but just want to say that the guitars on here are lovely, and looks like you folk are well used to Oil City Pickups and Wudtone - seems I'm in good company!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is that blue bird one a wudtone kit?! Looks like a great colour!

• Chris_akaBBBChris_akaBBB Frets: 6
    edited January 2014
    Is that blue bird one a wudtone kit?! Looks like a great colour!

No, it's paint and nitro - daphne blue, but I'm sure they'll have something similar.  I'll be selling it soon :( once finished and badged....  End of month perhaps.  Fender custom shop texas specials on it as well ;)  4 way switching.  Sounds great!