SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Les Paul Collectors Choice 11 "Rosie"

What's Hot
Here we have my CC11 "Rosie."  This example is serial number 011, matching the model number of the guitar. It is a plain top with some nice grain. The colour is the best part of the appearance of this guitar. The red is a gorgeous dark cherry red, aging is nice but light. All the parts that came with this guitar are in the case, as it was when new. Completely original. This guitar has not been modified at all. Although I've apparently lost the plastic toggle on the selector switch. If I don't find it, I'll replace it.

This guitar was purchased as a player and I had every intention of keeping it. However it hasn't been extensively played and certainly hasn't been gigged. Despite my intentions it's spent the majority of its life in its case. The guitar however plays and sounds beautiful. The guitar has ridiculous sustain, especially if you replace the vintage pure nickel strings with modern strings. The action can be dropped down very low with no issue. Intonation is great. This guitar can be tweaked to suit your preferences with no issues. Tone is very bright, and there is a lot of attack. Much more like the sound I've heard from real PAFs than a lot of copies. Roll the tone off a smidgen and it smooths out nicely if that's how you like the sound. There is a great range of sounds in this guitar just by playing with the dials (personally I like it full on). Either way this guitar sounds and plays fabulously as you'd expect for the money.  I would describe the neck as V shaped and fairly thick. Maybe slightly thicker than the 50's profile youd typically find on a Standard. Certainly no baseball bat though. Guitar was bought new from Dawsons in 2014. Guitar is located on the Wirral in the North West.

Looking for £3600.

Cheers

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments