Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone in touch with JXG?

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6146
Seems he hasn't been here since early Feb, and the www.jxgguitars.co.uk Website is gone.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Gone? Jesus, I hope John's ok?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    He posted on Facebook on 26th Feb and I know he is having/has had some pretty serious back surgery so I imagine all guitar/work commitments are on hold at present, given that the website is down.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    i've just looked on Facebook. Sounds as if he is OK after surgery. In an earlier post there, he was reckoning on be off work for a couple of months.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6146
    Thanks for letting me know. Now I feel bad for pestering him with emails. :(
    Bumping this thread hoping that someone's in touch with him "in real life"?

Sister with facebook tells me that he's online there, posting and also gigging with a band called CALF. So the good news since my last post is that he seems to be that he's OK. But I'm getting radio silence on emails, the website is gone and although he logged in here in October there was no word from him.

If anyone can help out, please PM. TIA.
    Anyone? His phone number just cuts off after a couple of rings, and this afternoon I got the "the other person has hung up" automated message after one ring. Several hundred £££s and a missing guitar involved. Getting a bit worried :-/

Does anyone know if he's still doing guitar tech work at the "Biscuit Tin Studios" in Warwick Street, Newcastle, NE1?

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am having the same problem... please message me goldtop.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    @shugz, can you help?
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry to hear of this.

This isn't meant to sound harsh or that I don't care but I am not in contact with John anymore either and have tried myself to get in touch a few times with him without success. I hope first and foremost he's ok as he IS a lovely stand-up guy but I know his health of late maybe hasn't been the best. No excuses though for money/ guitars being tied up and no communication.

I do hope sincerely things sort themselves out amicably as I'd stress the John I know is a lovely bloke and fabulous luthier.

Best wishes
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Is anyone in touch with John?

I don't want to make any assumptions until I know the true circumstances but there is a great deal of money involved here and I know at least two other customers in the same frustrating situation.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Don't know the involvement/goings on here historically but as an outsider "looking in" it seems like suspicious circumstances indeed.

Out of interest when was the last time he has posted here?
  • 8th December - I just received a text message from John... seems he has had some health issues and been off grid for a while. So all is well and we can relax. 
    Glad you heard something, but nothing at all here. The recorded delivery letter (to the only address I have for him) is 'card-left/undelivered' after 2 weeks. I'm not even trying to pressurise him to do the work - I just want the guitar and money back. That should make his life easier.

I'm relaxing until the New Year, and then I'll have to get more serious.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    I hope John is ok - he's doing a build for me so I'm assuming the mid Jan delivery date has slipped...obviously his health is the priority though.

I'll give him a shout in the New Year as well and see what the situation is.

Previously known as stevebrum
    Still no sign:

The recorded-delivery letter was returned (uncollected from local PO).

I then found someone on A N Other forum who lived close by and kindly visited JXG's workshop. Closed and no sign of him, although a neighbour seemed to think someone visited there from time to time.

Cannot - yet - find a current address for him. Have found a previous address (until 2013) and that he had a CCJ against him there.

Some with an FB account has sent messages via JXG's own page, and via his band Calf's page. No response to either.
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Is it worth posting details of the guitar he has here and elsewhere, so if it surfaces on eBay or elsewhere, people can keep an eye out for it, and let you know?
    Yes, if I thought he had stolen it. But that's not the problem. I think it'll be in a box somewhere and he's just ignoring it. And me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Nightmare. Good luck in sorting. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24201
    goldtop said:
    Yes, if I thought he had stolen it. But that's not the problem. I think it'll be in a box somewhere and he's just ignoring it. And me.
    Sue him in Bailment then.
    Yes, but with no current address, the first step is to find him.