Matt Scofield

I was looking to pinch a few Matt Schofield licks and came across this video of the intro, first and second solo from What I Wanna Hear. Looks to be pretty accurate and has nice close ups of the hands. He also manages to coax a great sound from a little Yamaha amp, fair play to him.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Love Matts playing.  Who ever is playing this certainly captured his feel.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • I've been meaning to upload a couple of Matt covers on my You Tube channel. Great feel, hard to replicate!
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I've been meaning to upload a couple of Matt covers on my You Tube channel. Great feel, hard to replicate!
    When you do post them on here it'll be good to see other songs/solos that he does.
  • Yeah I will. I've bookmarked this thread.

He's a massive influence on me. I've spent ages transcribing some of his songs!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    Panama_Jack666;1002642" said:
    Yeah I will. I've bookmarked this thread.

He's a massive influence on me. I've spent ages transcribing some of his songs!
    Come and show me some! :) R.
  • nice lyrical player, good on melody, vocabulary and articulation though I hear him do the pull off and bend/scream lick at 3.18 a lot :-) though I don't care as I love it .. hahaha.. - and I am always pleased he doesn't use his little finger much as I lost the use of mine on my fretting hand.. I love his style...cracking tempo playing... Id like to see him play live...and there are few guitarists I say that about these days...
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited April 2016
    . Id like to see him play live..
    You will be blown away. His tone is monstrous. He plays a lot cleaner than you think, his amp is very articulate and he uses that exceptionally well. A lot of players just cannot handle the clarity , its far too revealing of poor technique.

FYI Borderline June 13th
  • Jaysus I might go. Worth a trip across the channel to see him I reckon...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life