So, did the Chinese fake it too?

What's Hot
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It was probably just a whisper that got out of control.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72296
    When I heard that the Chinese had sent Yutu to the Moon I wondered if Bono had said something pompous about human rights last time he was there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    When I heard that the Chinese had sent Yutu to the Moon I wondered if Bono had said something pompous about human rights last time he was there.

The Chinese are now flying a second mission to get Bono's favourite hat to him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2013

Jade Rabbit may have gone to the moon but Jessica certainly got dealt the better hand looks wise.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    ICBM said:

The Chinese are now flying a second mission to get Bono's favourite hat to him.
    One can only hope that Sting is going with it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    MIght look as good as the USA's missions initially, but the frets are badly finished and the binding will start to come off after a while.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    One of the solar panels is definitely a bit wonky. It probably costs 10% of what the American version does for 90% of the performance though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    If America did fake it then they'll get pretty embarrassed if the Chinese send their robot to have a look ;) 

Unless the Chinese also faked it... and then maybe I've been faked too? Is anyone or anything real?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368

Jade Rabbit may have gone to the moon but Jessica certainly got dealt the better hand looks wise.

I thought you meant this for a minute. Probably NSFW.

It may get into a space not actual Space.
  • ICBM said:
    One of the solar panels is definitely a bit wonky. It probably costs 10% of what the American version does for 90% of the performance though.
    I love this sort of thing. Like when I was playing football the other day and a friend dislocated his collar bone. The ambulance arrived and started to sort him out and this chap on the side pipes up, 'Well, I'm no paramedic but I reckon they're doing that wrong'.
    Use Your Brian
    I love this sort of thing. Like when I was playing football the other day and a friend dislocated his collar bone. The ambulance arrived and started to sort him out and this chap on the side pipes up, 'Well, I'm no paramedic but I reckon they're doing that wrong'.
    I was joking :). The solar panel is probably tilted on purpose, to get a better angle to the sun.

I don't actually doubt the Chinese know exactly what they're doing and are very thorough and competent engineers - they have to be even to have got it safely to the Moon. I'd like to see humans return to the Moon too, and now for the first time since I was a child I think it will happen in my lifetime. The spacecraft will have a red flag on it.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited December 2013
    ICBM said:
    S'funny because I have no problem with that...

2 years ago I had a back problem and went to the doctors and osteopaths (all told it cost several thousand pounds in lost earnings and osteo bills) and 3 weeks, a full course of sessions, diazapam, anti-inflamatories and a metric shit load of ibuprofen later I had Scoliosis and couldn't return to Karate for 6 months.

2 weeks ago I had exactly the same back problem (to give an indication - I couldn't get into a car, touch my toes or walk upright for about 5 days) - through rigourous walking, stretching very regularly, really carefully pushing myself every hour - I did a timed 3 mile run last weekend (as part of my grading) - then a 2 hour karate session and this weekend a 6 hour intense Karate grading complete with about an hour of full contact sparring at the end- and passed.

If I'd gone to the doctors I'd have been binned.

There seems to be a conceit (or an alarming lack of humility) among the "qualified"; firstly that it's anything other than an introduction to the discipline. Secondly that a different perspective is only valid if it wins some "intellectualised version" of top-trumps. It is well documented that these people treat the injury - not the person.

Ambulance drivers are trained to restart people and get them into a state to travel to hospital - they aren't sports physicians or even on a par with General Practicioners who are equally not sports physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists or oncologists - but you'd be surprised how often they fail to refer to these people.

"I'm no expert" might not have been an ambulance driver but he might know something - equally his concern could have been picked up by a qualified physio or at least made a person who's capable of taking criticism to reassess what they're doing -  I don't see why he's provoked your contempt; was he a know-it-all or a concerned honest individual moved to speak up?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited December 2013
    ICBM said:
    I was joking :)
    @frankus, @ICBM Yes, that's why I found it funny. Same with the guy at the football pitch, he knows he's a know-it-all and deliberately hams it up for inappropriate occasions, cracks me up. He really is no paramedic though, trust me on that...

Never mind, maybe you had to be there ;-)
    Use Your Brian