How long until ZZ Top tours become a franchise?

What's Hot
I've joked for a long time, that ZZ Top could be wearing false beards and living normal non-celeb lives for all we know when not on duty. Timmy Mallet presumably was anonymous without his daft outfits, for example.

Looking at it the other way round, how would normal punters know if it was ZZ Top up there if you swapped one or all of them? I flatter myself that I'd be able to tell if it was the Rev.Gibbons, but a gifted, dedicated pro would be able to fool a lot of people. Probably getting the voice to match the playing might be tricky
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Their singing voices are pretty much shot now so the problem would be singing too well.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Not sure, but about 10 years ago I had some clients in the film industry. One company is a leading special effects and animation outfit and the head animator told me that the film industry was probably 20 years away from creating 'reality animation' which could not be distinguished from real live action film. And how would this be used? To create new films starring dead film idols .. a new western with John Wayne or James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. This could easily be extended to bands ... too young to watch the Beatles .. no problem we'll create a new film and ultimately 3D holograms.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Well... Tron Legacy used the face of a young Jeff Bridges... Terminator Salvation had a young Arnie in it So they're already at a stage where they can put someone elses face/body on a green-screen suited man
  •  

Fretwired said:
    Not sure, but about 10 years ago I had some clients in the film industry. One company is a leading special effects and animation outfit and the head animator told me that the film industry was probably 20 years away from creating 'reality animation' which could not be distinguished from real live action film. And how would this be used? To create new films starring dead film idols .. a new western with John Wayne or James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. This could easily be extended to bands ... too young to watch the Beatles .. no problem we'll create a new film and ultimately 3D holograms.

Like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8AqtNBNaA&feature=player_detailpage#t=66

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Kiss have already said they will recast the band character roles when they are too old. They claim they were only playing the parts of the make up characters anyway.
    Myranda said:
    Well... Tron Legacy used the face of a young Jeff Bridges... Terminator Salvation had a young Arnie in it So they're already at a stage where they can put someone elses face/body on a green-screen suited man
    It's still too expensive and time consuming for a whole film, as they also have to pay 'rights fees' and the technology isn't perfect. The Arnie CGI terminator was pretty poor IMHO.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I've already ordered up a gorilla suit..................

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445

The potential...
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Many years back I remember reading about a promoter who was doing the old soul type revues with groups like the Temptations etc except they were all ringers!

In the old days pre internet most people had no idea what American bands looked like and they probably put on a good show.  

The potential...
    Excellent .. did you see the credits at the beginning? There's plenty of cash to be made out of dead film stars.