NBD!

thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
edited March 2016 in Bass
I'm a big fan of Squier basses. I had a standard Jazz Bass years ago but sold it and got a Fender MIM. The Fender was a bit of a shed when I got it and I had to give an extreme clean-up. I re-wired it completely and replaced the pickguard, bridge etc but even so, it felt a bit rough around the edges compared to the Squier. I've been looking for a Classic Vibe for a while, especially since I discovered that Mark Bedford from Madness chooses to play one live - if it's good enough for him, my ham-fisted playing doesn't deserve anything more expensive! I picked this up earlier in the week courtesy of TimmyO of this forum:

I gave the frets a wee polish and oiled the fretboard (lovely piece of dark chocolatey rosewood) and it plays very nicely indeed. Easily equal to a MIM Fender, and in several respects, definitely better. I only need bass for the occasional recording project, but this is getting me interested in improving my playing.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    Just what I wanted from a bass - it plays nice and sounds good, so I pick it up often and learn how to play it.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    I like the look of that.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Great looking Jazz bass.

I've got a Squier Vintage Modified 5 string natural coloured Jazz bass which I really like.
    At some point I plan to get a Squier P bass as well, just for that P bass growl.
    It's not a competition.