Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands which made it, but shouldn't have

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Not a band as such but Neil Young.

There used to be a tramp outside Uxbridge tube station with a harmonica who couldn't play or sing for toffee, he'd just lurch about making noises and shouting a bit.   Even he was better than Neil Young.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Lost Prophets
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker;108925" said:
    Don't get me started....

Garth BrooksELOMike OldfieldBob DylanDid I mention Garth Brooks?BostonWhitesnakeAerosmithWestlifeBoyzoneGarth BrooksAnd Garth Brooks.
    I'm noticing a lack of love for Garth Brooks. Couldn't agree more. *shudder*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6096

Guns & Roses
    Europe
    Bon Jovi
    Actually anything '80s Hair-Metal'  (except for DLR cos of  Eat 'Em and Smile)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Good man. Eat em and smile is wicked.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Billy Ray Cyrus
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6096
    Handsome_Chris;109909" said:
    Billy Ray Cyrus
      Ah yes the father of Miley. Some families are just born 'talented'  :-S
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    As is the case with every thread like this, the answer from everybody is:

all the ones I don't like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited December 2013
    The23rdman;109027" said:
    [quote="Rocker;108925"]Don't get me started....

Garth BrooksELOMike OldfieldBob DylanDid I mention Garth Brooks?BostonWhitesnakeAerosmithWestlifeBoyzoneGarth BrooksAnd Garth Brooks.
    I'm noticing a lack of love for Garth Brooks. Couldn't agree more. *shudder*[/quote]

I am assuming Rocker's stance on Mr Brooks is a bit of an Irish thing as I know he was huge there ( and thus annoyingly everywhere if you didn't like him) but would have passed most people by in the UK.I saw him live in Birmingham and he was rather good, although:

'anyone here tonight from Birmingham?' small percentage of the crowd cheers

'anyone here tonight from Ireland?' vast majority of the crowd cheers, whoops and hollers. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926

Interesting to see some clear violations of Rule #1 here.

Also interesting to see a lot of hate for Bon Jovi. I hate Livin' On a Prayer as much as the next guy, but Richie Sambora is a talented bloke for sure.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Nirvana.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Muse again. Still can't see it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Err dare I say it...

Bruce Springsteen
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2013
    Bidley said:

Richie Sambora is a talented bloke for sure.

Was never impressed by him until I heard his playing on Blaze Of Glory.  That solo kicked arse.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtr said:
    Err dare I say it...

Bruce Springsteen

It's a good thing i've not posted your Christmas card yet!
  • Bidley said:

Richie Sambora is a talented bloke for sure.

Was never impressed by him until I heard his playing on Blaze Of Glory.  That solo kicked arse.
    Err is that a joke? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    jaygtr said:
    Bruce Springsteen
    Oddly enough despite being a big fan of his and definitely thinking he should have made it, I watched some very early live footage of him and can't quite work out how he did. A&R types must have been very far-sighted in those days.

Although I'd say the same for - 

Idlewild

A friend of mine's band played on the same bill as them (above them) before they were signed, and they were shit. So were their first couple of albums. Then they got really very good, and some of their later stuff is among my favourite music from Scotland.

Travis are similar - they're not one of my 'favourite' bands, but they're OK. Except for their first album - *not* 'The Man Who' which most people think is their first. There's one before that… which is abysmal. I can't work out how they were ever signed, and not dropped immediately after it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I am assuming Rocker's stance on Mr Brooks is a bit of an Irish thing as I know he was huge there ( and thus annoyingly everywhere if you didn't like him) but would have passed most people by in the UK.I saw him live in Birmingham and he was rather good, although:

Probably right Eric, something about him/his music that irritates me.  His stuff got played to death on Irish radio too.  His sound is like Country as played by James Last or any Orchestra.  Way too smooth.  No bite at all.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    If it makes you feel any better I can't stand him either - but I can see why he made it. I feel the same about Shania Twain.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Rocker;110794" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Probably right Eric, something about him/his music that irritates me.  His stuff got played to death on Irish radio too.  His sound is like Country as played by James Last or any Orchestra.  Way too smooth.  No bite at all.
    MrsTheWeary was a bit of a fan, from her days living in Arkansas where music meant country music.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.