PSA - Radio Pack (Digital)

What's Hot
HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 121
Hi All,

I've pushed the button on the Sony DWZ-B30GB radio pack at £189 from Thomann. 

They seem to be very highly recommended and don't, apparently, suffer the build quality issues that some people are reporting with Line 6 G30s. Be aware though the the mains adaptor is Euro 2 Pin style. I'm happy with this though as at the price, I'm happy to spring for a Boss  type 9V pedal power unit.

I've also ordered a tweed bass case to match my newly decorated hall but I wish I hadn't told you all as that would make me a very shallow person indeed.

All the best,
Pete

They don't want your name, they just want your number.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Let us know how you get on with it, looks like a steal at that price.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• Yeh, I'd be interested to hear how you find it as I may be in the market after xmas and was looking at the Line 6, but for that price, it looks good
  • Can't be unwrapped before Christmas under orders from SWMBO but a full report will be forthcoming ASAP.
  • Any word on a review?

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 121
    Apologies for the delay. I've had a play with this and remain delighted. I've tested with a Strat into Blues Junior and a Precision Bass into Line6 Lowdown 110. In neither case, can my ageing ears detect any difference to a cable connection nor can I detect any latency.

I've solved the 2 pin Euro mains plug problem with an adaptor from Amazon from a vendor called "Ex-Pro". This has a hexagonal cavity where the Euro plug sits into and is then clamped by a hidden screw. The net result being a mains power supply robust enough for gigging rather than the PSU balancing precariously on a naff shaver adaptor.

Back to to the radio unit though. The transmitter is in a metal housing and seems very tough indeed. The receiver is very, very light and is likely to need Velcro or some other positive way of keeping it from falling or being pulled off your amp. You don't get a receiver to amp cable so you'll need a short pedal type patch lead.

The guitar to transmitter cable screws home at the transmitter end and is long enough to position the transmitter on your strap, back pocket or wherever. The metal strap clip can also be rotated to your desired orientation.

The acid test of course is gigging to report back on battery life and interference but that will have to wait I'm afraid as we don't have anything booked until early February. 

I'll be looking forward to our next wedding so I can use the new found freedom to flirt with the guests. At my age, however, this will be the maiden Aunts rather than bridesmaids :)

All the best,
    pete
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am now very tempted indeed, I'd have it on my pedalboard, seems my GigRig Generator should be ok to power it. Roll on payday...