Live superstitions

What's Hot
For gigs I've worn the same piece of paisley material round my left wrist for three years!!!! My daughter gave it to me.

Anyone got any weird superstitions/gig rituals......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    A good practice before a gig usually means a bad gig and vice versa.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Don't read guitar magazines on the day of a gig, that would lead to a bad gig. I have a complex theory behind this but it is pretty much my gig day superstition.
    Last night's gig was cancelled so I got to read from the current Guitar and Bass.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty much the same as Stevie Wonder's original, but with guitar playing the brass lines.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    ^ heh
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Pretty much the same as Stevie Wonder's original, but with guitar playing the brass lines.
    Heh heh, good answer :)

I generally find if I have a few pints it's a good gig (for me at least ) so that's mine :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I try not to eat any large meal less than 2 hours before I play as I end up burping while trying to sing and I like to have a pre-gig turd, just before I go on.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • miserneil said:
    I try not to eat any large meal less than 2 hours before I play as I end up burping while trying to sing and I like to have a pre-gig turd, just before I go on.
    You must be doing well - there is no way I'd push one out in some of the places we play!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    my only-two-pints-before-a-show rule is great. every show i've done with more has been a disaster.

a ritual i liked to try was wear a blue denim jacket, but remove it after the first song.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    I've stopped doing anything of late. I used to be an obsessive hand washer then tuner but I found it makes no difference. Good praccy usually means we have a good gig these days too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• babysnakebabysnake Frets: 21
    edited April 2016
    A five minute yoga headstand in the dressing room followed by an immediate hit from the bong usually got me in the mood!

(Edit) that band was somewhat experimental! :P
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    I empty my bladder, wash my hands and ensure a no alchol drink is available on stage in a safe location. Not superstision so much as practical preparation.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    I like to close my eyes and imagine crushing the drummer's head under an enormous rock.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

^^

lol

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Whenever I play live, I cannot wash my hands after going to the loo or it'll be a crap gig.

Gross, I know.... especially as I'm normally obsessed with cleanliness!
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
    ESBlonde;1038260" said:
    I empty my bladder, wash my hands and ensure a no alchol drink is available on stage in a safe location. Not superstision so much as practical preparation.
    Exactly the same as mine.....and lots of practice
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited April 2016
    DavusPG said:
    ESBlonde;1038260" said:
    Exactly the same as mine...
    ...and mine

Also I won't play unless the skin of my forearm is in contact with the guitar body, but that applies anywhere. I was asked to do a dep on New Years Eve where the dress code was long sleeve black shirts, but the band leader excused me, as he knew of this.

... and no watch on my wrist either.

It's not a competition.