Anyone remember MusicMart?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BorkBork Frets: 255
    Some of Burmans former employees ended up at White Amps. 

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    The connection between Redmere, Intermusic, MM, etc was PA:CE.

Re. Mags - along with all my other sh*te, I also have a huge archive of music magazines from back then - Beat Instrumental, IM&RW, Making Music, Music Mart, Guitarist, One Two Testing, Music UK, etc, etc.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    I used to love Music UK.

Garry Cooper and his love for Sessionette amps and his 335-S (IIRC).

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    I used to love Music UK.

to be fair, the Sessionette 75 was the best tranny based combo we'd seen - compact - decent tone and fine for small gigs etc for many styles - The Tech 21 combo did like wise a few years later - but at the time, compared to HH, Carlsbro, Peavey etc the Sessionette was  a decent little amp
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    I have a huge archive of music magazines from back then - Beat Instrumental, IM&RW, Making Music, Music Mart, Guitarist, One Two Testing, Music UK, etc.
    I know where you could get some more.   ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    scrumhalf said:
    I used to love Music UK.

to be fair, the Sessionette 75 was the best tranny based combo we'd seen - compact - decent tone and fine for small gigs etc for many styles - The Tech 21 combo did like wise a few years later - but at the time, compared to HH, Carlsbro, Peavey etc the Sessionette was  a decent little amp
    I've still got my Sessionette 75.  Doesn't work any more, but I keep thinking about getting it fixed.  It'll probably never happen.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    scrumhalf said:
    I used to love Music UK.

I've still got my Sessionette 75.  Doesn't work any more, but I keep thinking about getting it fixed.  It'll probably never happen.
    It is the cost involved isn't it and what it is worth today if sold  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    Philly_Q said:
    scrumhalf said:
    I used to love Music UK.

It is the cost involved isn't it and what it is worth today if sold  

Yes, but mostly just procrastination!  :)

Same reason I never get round to selling any guitars (although that's also influenced by all the eBay horror stories I read on this forum...)

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I didn't get Musicmart much but I was always buying Loot. It was a bit of a buzz looking down the various instrument listings looking for something interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    I have a huge archive of music magazines from back then - Beat Instrumental, IM&RW, Making Music, Music Mart, Guitarist, One Two Testing, Music UK, etc.
    I know where you could get some more.   ;)
    All donations to the HarrySeven archive are warmly welcomed. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    I remember it well and I had a letter published in it once! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    First mag to review my pickups, Dave Lockwood bought a couple of sets as a result. The old "the reviewer liked them so much he bought them" gag. Just after Sound on Sound took over under his stewardship.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10258
    tFB Trader
    KKJale said:
    I remember Music Mart. How long was it published for?

I used to buy stacks of International Musician back issues for 10p apiece from my local shop in the late '70s. Ah, Stephen Delft guitar reviews... then Guitarist came along around '84, and funnily enough TGM (Guitar & Bass) first appeared as a supplement inside International Musician. 

There was Musicians Only, too. 
    Stephen Delft's series of articles on all the wiring possibilities of four conductor pickups was what started me messing about with pickups in general. So the next time anyone picks up a guitar with my pickups in ... it all started with a gear obsessed teenager reading International Musician. Delft's series 'build a solid guitar' was also totally inspirational ... those were real 'get your hands dirty' days ... there was so little available ... I used to grind, bend and weld my own two way truss-rods!  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message