Who's dealt with Bravacaster here?

What's Hot
Hello all :-)

The stuff that they have on ebay seems keenly priced, but some of the photos show guitars that have been grain filled and some that haven't. I'm guessing that the 'painted' price reflected on ebay doesn't include grain filling etc. Am I right in guessing that these things are extras that cost a bit more?

What's the opinion of the quality of their work?

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've had a couple of their bodies - LPB and Sherwood Green - and tbh they are OK if you are planning a relic, but I wasn't overly impressed. Very thin, but not in a good way, so I've not bothered since and either gone for @lamf68 or Graeme at RayGun who are both miles ahead of Bravacaster

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers for that @JookyChap :-)

I'm in France, so buying from him suits in terms of delivery etc etc, but as you say, you're getting what you're paying for here, i.e. not much paint.

I presume he doesn't make custom bodies as it seems he just buys them in from Guitar Build?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My experience with Bravacaster hasn´t been good at all.

Although I´ve been really clear about what  I wanted (vintage style jazzmaster body), communication with Bravacaster was a bit of a struggle. Throughout the (40 plus!!!) emails we send I specifically told him not to rush and that he can take his time. The end result is what matters.  

The quality of the paint job was just not up to standard. Anyone with a little bit of experience with painting stuff could do a similar, or even better job with plain rattle cans, sandpaper and a sanding block.

Looking at the end result you can just see the guy didn´t do a proper prep job. On some spots the outline was out of wack and grain filling wasn´t done sufficiently. 

Furthermore there were some irregularities is the paint, could have been a bug or some debris stuck in the paint. Also there is white specks in the laquer.

What jumps out most is the orange peel. Hurst my eyes honestly. 

So all in all Bravacaster is great if you are on a budget and not to fuzzy about looks. And you desperately need a nitro paint job. If not then a would steer away from this company. There a plenty other options.

https://pix.sfly.com/QnjyH7

https://pix.sfly.com/n3jAJA

https://pix.sfly.com/3dposo

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Orange peeeeeel. Believe me the real thing is much worse... its quite hard to get this photographed 

Wobble outline... again hard to see but it sure is bumpy

Pic of the neck pocket. Orange peel all over the show.  The paint should wrap around in the pocket for a nice finish. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom