Hardcase for a 60'S HOFNER 500/5?

Anyone know a good hardcase that will fit an early HOFNER 500/5 bass guitar?

It's an early one, about 1961 with the original deeper body. Any help would be great.
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thankies
    Old Is Gold
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    That's going to be difficult off the shelf, but I might have one. 

It's large enough to put an entire standard Fender-size rectangular guitar case into it, so I think it should be long enough to take the bass. You would need some padding to stop it moving about unless it's a very snug fit across the diagonal.

The upside is that you could probably park a car on it without doing any damage to the guitar. The downside is it's basically a giant rectangular plywood flightcase with a carpet lining, and it weighs 35lbs… empty.

The second downside is that it's in Glasgow and it won't be that cheap to send, even though it won't need packing and will survive the journey unless an asteroid hits while it's on the way. So I would pass unless you can't find anything else… I can get exact measurements if it's still of interest.

Price… very negotiable :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers chief I shall investigate and let you know
    Old Is Gold
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    The shop also has a second hand standard shaped hard case which was supposedly made for a Hofner - it's comfortably big enough for a fully acoustic bass we have. I can post a pic if you need.

£69 + shipping. May also be slightly negotiable, I'm not sure...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein