NGD - Furch OOM33SR

dtrdtr Frets: 1037
Well, in addition to blowing my 2016 no-gas challenge I've also screwed over any sense of environmental responsibility that I was toying with in my eco-options thread.  I remain an unreformed pillager of the tropical forests, but I do have a lovely new guitar!

It's a Furch "Vintage" OOM-33, 12th fret neck join, sitka & rosewood, with a 45mm nut width, and Gotoh open back tuners.  It's beautifully well made and the laquer finish is flawless.  The neck is fabulous and it's a joy to play.  The sound is very clear, elegant and responsive.  I'm well chuffed and totally in love.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    I have a Stonebridge, which is also from the Furch stable. They're a bit good, huh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Nice.  I have another Furch related guitar - a Stanford.  

Where did you get it from?  I'm thinking of getting a guitar similar to yours at sometime this year. 
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    edited April 2016
    Nice.  I have another Furch related guitar - a Stanford.  

Where did you get it from?  I'm thinking of getting a guitar similar to yours at sometime this year. 
    I got it online from Stageshop in Budapest.

I tried a few Furch guitars, and all were brilliant.  I ended up going with Stageshop mainly because they were the only dealer I could find with an OOM with 45mm nut in stock, but also because it worked out about £200 cheaper than buying from the UK (which let me step up to the Vintage 33 range within my budget).

It was a bit nerve-wracking getting a guitar I'd never played, but Furch do seem to have enviable consistency and quality control.  

Stageshop were good to deal with.  The owner emailed me to find out requirements, preferred action, what tunings I use, etc.  Setup and delivery from Hungary took 6 days.  I unpacked it, tuned it and its all spot-on.  I'm very pleased!

Here's the shiny rosewood back...

And I love the 'vintage' look tuners and headstock volute...

Mmmm!

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Really nice and tidy work from Furch as ever.  FWIW I think they make some of the most consistent guitars in their price range (more so than some of their competitors).  The 

Good to hear Stageshop treated you well.  I sent them a few emails about ordering a custom Furch, and I'll get back to them later in the year with a deposit.  

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Niiiiice! Sounds clips! :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    Looks cracking mate !
  • mikeytmikeyt Frets: 0
    edited December 2016
    You are all right on both counts. I have played a selection of Furch guitars in Stageshop. The owner is a good guy and knows his kit. They have had some spectacular Collings that I have played. I bought a superb 3 pick up Duesenberg Caribou and an attenuator from them. Their service is great but the recent changes to the £ exchange rate spoil the deal. By chance on my return 2 months ago I found my favourite guitar that I played there, a Furch OM34 deep body, for sale by private owner in the UK. One year old. Sweet.

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited December 2016
    D'lovely  cuddle.   :3
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Looks great.  Will have to give one of those a try.  Congrats.