Martin D28 12 string

What's Hot
strat84strat84 Frets: 314
Hi guys

I've been offered a Martin d28 12 string for my Guild JF65 which is in the classifieds at the moment. The guy says it's six years old, sunburst in mint condition. I don't think a 12 string is something I would buy so if I did go for the swap I would probably end up trying to sell it straight away. Just wondered if anyone could advise whether or not it's a good deal or if it would sell easy enough. Thanks for any help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited April 2016
    A really tough sell - unless you time it right and there's someone out there disparate to buy one.

A twelve string isn't really an 'essential' purchase - and if someone really needs one, there are plenty of adequate, much cheaper alternatives.

I'm sure it'll be a lovely guitar - but not one for moving on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    Thanks for that, I thought that might be the case.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    What richard said. They're probably worth about the same on paper, but the Martin will be harder to sell and in the current climate you may have to drop it to actually move it. Sunburst has a smaller market than natural for Martins too.

Basically, don't do it unless you really want a Martin 12-string and/or you're getting a cash adjustment large enough to make it less urgent to sell it.

And I say that while owning a Martin 12-string which I will almost certainly never sell...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    Thanks again fellas, much appreciated. I don't really want a 12 string so if it's gonna be hard to shift I'll pass.