Anyone fancy a competition to win a freebie? Wudtone customers , non customers all welcome.

What's Hot
andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
edited April 2016 in Made in the UK
So here is a pic of a Wudtone pre-cbs style development with a few twists. 

This plate has 

3 visible differences to an original pre-cbs plate that Wudtone incorporate.
plus there are 
2 differences underneath ( not visible) that are part of the established Wudtone design,  customers rave about. 

We will send a free plate as per the pic ( vintage mount, block,  compatible)  to the first forum member who can complete as below.

visible Wudtone feature 1 =                            benefit =

visible Wudtone feature 2 = benefit =  

visible Wudtone feature 3 =  benefit = 

underside feature 1 = benefit =

underside feature 2 =  benefit = 

Many thanks in advance for your entry.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Err I'll have a punt,

Visible Wudtone feature 1, the recesses to the rear of the pivot screws benefit = stops the bridge rifing up & down the screw in use
    Visible Wudtone feature 2, milled string holes benefit + err stops strings binding on front edge of holes
    Visible Wudtone Festure 3, It's a thicker plate than standard ? benefit = got to sound better surely ?

Underside feature 1 = Err the 'ramp' on the underside is different well it is on mine, benefit = feels smoother in operation, you dont get that 'clonk' when you use it
    Underside feature 2 = the steel plate you stick on the body benefit = not using the painted top of the guitar as your pivot point of the trem it's metal to metal

How did I do teach ?
  • Getting there @DrBob, one of the features is hard to see so this might help ,  

Ooh ooh allows for Tele type saddles ?
    If so I really really want it !
    I've been really interested in tremolos with a 3 saddle T type arrangement since I saw the Glendale Chimemaster trems on the Chad Underwood/Destroy All Guitars Telstar Strat/Tele hybrid guitars a few years back
  • got it DrBob and you can either top load or block load the strings for different tone characteristics. Also early 50's correct as far as the shaping / rear bar cutaway and visuals are concerned 
    Oh Lord, I want that. I may now have to try and buy back my self build Telstar from my mate Dave...
    Arrrggghhhh
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2393
    This reminds me of the last series of Southpark, concerning adverts becoming sentient....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom