Stinkin' live

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
So, bit of a strange question..... but does anyone else smell rather 'ripe' by the end of a gig?

Normally I'm fine, but I've noticed that, no matter what anti-perspirant I use, I end up stinking by the end of the night! Seems that some antiperspirants work for a few applications, and then they give up and I'm back to square one :(

Hopefully it's not just me that has this issue....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

Never tried this, but it's supposed to work

http://www.boots.com/en/Odaban-Antiperspirant-spray_1116405/

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    edited April 2016
    FarleyUK said:
    ...does anyone else smell rather 'ripe' by the end of a gig?

A little while back I was noticing a stink... not a good stink.

Funnily enough I don't normally sniff my guitar strap -- but that was the culprit.  Gawd was that the culprit.  Hundreds of gigs and never cleaned.  It is one of those "Comfort Straps" -- great straps but stinky as fuck if you leave them like I did.

Straight into a bucket of hot water with biological washing powder and left overnight. 

Fragrant guitar strap; fragrant guitarist.  :)

PS for killing bacteria then isopropyl alcohol works well.  Get a litre, decant it into a mist spray bottle, spray it where it's wanted.  Cheap as anything and lasts for ages and ages. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31371
    I wear cotton shirts when I gig. Almost all t-shirts seem to get that slight cat-pissy smell when I sweat in them - cotton shirts just get damp.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Cheers guys - will try the suggestions!

I wondered if it was the t-shirt material reacting badly.... trouble is, we wear branded t-shirts, so I can't really wear much else.... maybe a vest? Sun's out, gun's out ;)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Last thing I do before leaving home is bath, that way I can get sweaty loading up and put on clean fresh clothes to go out in. I always use separate stage clothes and change back into something 'dry' for the journey home to avoid catching a chill in the wee small hours. It is true that I perspire like a pig on a spit roast so have learned to accomodate it. I'd like to think that I don't smell (although my strats leather strap is over 30 years old and stinks of stale cigarette smoke from my days as a smokist).

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    Yeah I sweat loads when I gig so make sure I bring a towel, deoderant and a spare t-shirt.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    I sometimes bring a change of t-shirt.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Quick update - I found this stuff called PerspiGuard; you spray it on twice a week, and don't use any other anti-perspirant stuff at all - and by jove, IT WORKS!

Stopped smelling and sweating when playing, so it's been a godsend!
  • i try and shower and change my clothes every 6 or seven gigs, no problem :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom