I seem to have found myself...

What's Hot
BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
... in an acoustic duo, playing mandolin and singing. It's fun, but I'm used to headbanging and playing loud gainy electric guitar! Oh well, variety is the spice of life and all that.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Init bud. I've recently made the switch from lead guitar in a pub rock band to bass guitar in a trad folk group. I'm finding the folk stuff to be really enjoyable. Plus the beer is better.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10690
    Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It can be fun, one of the music teachers I worked with a few years ago had a folk act that included an acoustic version of "Enter Sandman" that was pretty cool.  They also did most of the usual Celtic standards.  I found that it's quite often easier to get gigs with a smallish acoustic based outfit too.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3585
    Back in my yoof I would take all kinds of dep gigs and one was playing electric guitar in a folk band. Brilliant fun and I ended up being the dep longer than any regular guitarist they ever had. I'd do the same again if the chance came up.