Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ladies Of The Fretboard Xmas Get Together 2013 - Inc Photos

What's Hot
randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
edited December 2013 in Off Topic

Sadly Myranda couldn't make it but all the others were there.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01044/SNA1512A_682_1044556a.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 356
    Not very good is it?. I miss the women of the forum (if we are counting MR etc), they were cool. Sadly we seem to scare em away, Still in touch with some of em on Facebook tho.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Made me titter.

Empty bars = sadness as does very few women on the forum.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Awww...

I missed it! Why did none of the other girls remind me?!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    I miss the women too.  Sadly, because we don't crack down on the childish misogyny frequently displayed here we're unlikely to ever have more.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    Emp_Fab said:
    I miss the women too.  Sadly, because we don't crack down on the childish misogyny frequently displayed here we're unlikely to ever have more.
    that's probably a major obstacle
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    Though I think we all aspire to greater inclusivity achieving it at the expense of knob gags would be a grievous price to pay. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Are women a common sight on other guitar forums?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I thought misogyny was hatred of women. Who said we hate women? I don't. Knob gags are bugger-all to do with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    holnrew;110912" said:
    Are women a common sight on other guitar forums?

Two I've encountered on TDPRI, v correct site, one on MLP, correct ish in the main, and about three on local north east site Big Ginger Gits Gig Pit. Which has a swear filter but is in no way correct on any level.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited December 2013
    the USA one mags and I used to frequent, had uber strict swear filters etc and anti 'jim davidson' style posting,  and still had only 1 regularly posting female member 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Now if they had one for the forum's old queen's that bar would be full ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    There's a few women on the RickResource forum and I think a couple on the Offsets forum. I'd have thought there'd be more on the OSG forum to be honest- maybe they just don't post much?
  • Misogyny?  Is that what scared of that other girl who made a fanny gag,  questioned the validity of a relationship involving a knob washing beaker, then said how difficult it was to hold a camera still whilst masturbating and then finally reinvented herself as some overly offended Mother Teresa and stormed off?  Let's stop this misogyny now!! 

I propose each member of the forum should head down to their local guitar shop with a clipboard and wait around until they have each recruited 5 female guitarists.  Just make sure to take a hot flask.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I can only remember four or five women from the MR days where the membership was far bigger than here, we've never exactly been inundated with lady members.
  • boogieman said:
    we've never exactly been inundated with lady members.
    Ladies don't have members, that what makes them ladies silly!  B-)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    edited December 2013
    Just to clarify, I don't actually think the forum is misogynistic, though several threads would likely get the odd tut.  I'm referring to a very very small handful of people, who under no circumstances will I name, even posting in a personal capacity, as I'm also a mod and must remain impartial.  Think someone letting off a really stinking fart in a room full of people.  Anyone new walking into that room would immediately be so put off they would have to leave immediately.  That's a possible reason for the lack of women on here.

All opinions expressed here are not those of anyone at TheFretboard, including myself.  Your house may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a loan secured against it.  APR 42,007%.  Over 18's only.  Term and Conditions apply.  You must get the permission of the bill-payer before calling me a cnut.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    I posted a NGD on MLP forum a couple of months ago and Albionlass popped up.I said that she should come back to the FB but she said that she thought she hadn't made a very good impression on a couple of people and took a couple of comments to heart.Said she was better off getting out.Shame because,as I told her,judging by her fret count she seemed very popular.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • I posted a NGD on MLP forum a couple of months ago and Albionlass popped up.I said that she should come back to the FB but she said that she thought she hadn't made a very good impression on a couple of people and took a couple of comments to heart.Said she was better off getting out.Shame because,as I told her,judging by her fret count she seemed very popular.
    Funnily enough as I was reading this thread AlbionLass came to mind. She had a huge "likes" count at the MLP forum too,. didn't stop certain members hounding her into self imposed oblivion recently. Although a few of her posts made me squirm, I don't consider it to be a sex thing, more like a lamb and a pack of baying wolves thing. We may have some rum buggers here, but nothing on the scale of offensiveness I've seen elsewhere.  ;)
  • I thought misogyny was hatred of women. Who said we hate women? I don't. Knob gags are bugger-all to do with it.
    We are for once in agreement. Men far from have the monopoly on knob jokes.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Emp_Fab said:
     I'm referring to a very very small handful of people, who under no circumstances will I name,

If it's me PM me and let me know.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)