SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Martin 00015

What's Hot
albanovalbanov Frets: 55
edited May 2016 in Acoustics £
£720
Really nice guitar this. I’m almost exclusively playing electrics at the moment, which combined with a few (too many) new purchases mean it’ll have to go - however if and when I’m back in an acoustic ‘phase’ I’d be more than happy to have another one. My previous acoustic was a Santa Cruz OM which was very good, but to be honest I prefer the Martin.

All solid wood construction, 14 frets clear of the body, 25.4” scale. Width at the nut is 1-11/16”. Neck profile is what Martin call a ‘modified low oval’. Feels good to me, a nice easy shape to get on with I’d think - can’t see it not suiting anyone unless you particularly like very fat / thin / flat neck shapes. Rosewood fretboard. Serial dates it to 2009 - at this time Martin made these using Mahogany or Sapele interchangeably for the body. They were never designated as one or the other but from the stripes in the grain I think this one is Sapele. Personally I prefer the look of it to the plainer mahogany - as for the sound, I’ve played a couple of others that were definitely mahogany and couldn’t say there was any difference in tone one way or the other to me. It’s all original other than the bridge pins which I replaced with ebony ones for purely aesthetic reason, the original white plastic ones are in the case.

Condition is generally very good, a few very light marks but nothing nasty or unusual. The back of the neck has naturally polished up with playing - I find the satin finish on these 15 series Martins feels a bit ‘dry’ feeling when they’re new so definitely prefer it as is. There’s also an area of slight shine on the body where your forearm would rest. The original hard case is included and in good condition.

Cheers!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments