Crafter CT-125C/N

What's Hot
Anyone tried one of these?

http://crafterguitar.co.uk/Crafter_CT-125C-N_City_Series_Classical_Guitar.html

There don't seem to be many decent reviews. I'm curious about the nylon version!

Never ever bloody anything, ever!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    They're good workmanlike guitars, or maybe a little better than that - same sort of quality (possibly even same factory) as Tanglewood, Turner or similar brands. If they're putting Baggs electrics in them now (the ones I've seen have had either basic Fishmans or something generic) they should sound pretty good too, even if that's not a top-of-the-range system.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Not tried those, but those crafter ones with a p90 neck pickup, piezo and acoustic construction sound really great and play nicely. Quite cool, and good looking, guitars. If these are just as good, it's worth investigating.
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Yeah. Just Googled it. They look and sound nice. I'm intrigued!!

http://www.gearhounds.com/crafter-sat-tmvs-slim-archtop-acoustic-electric-guitar.aspx
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    I preferred the one I played to the Taylor T5 it's loosely copied from - it was the version with a lipstick pickup rather than a P90, and side-mounted electrics. It didn't feel as refined, but it sounded better to me!

The prices on that website are surprising, I didn't think they were anything like that expensive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited December 2013
    They are a bit more expensive than I was hoping and there don't seem to be many used ones around. There is one on Evilbay with a 'buy it now' price of £435+delivery. Not too many useful reviews either, but it I'm definitely interested. Just don't really know if I would use it much, but then that's GAS! 
  • Hi

Sorry to sound like a sales pitch but the CT-125 is superb.  I have literally been chatting about this with a customer over Christmas.

The tone is very similar to the SAC-TMVS which is more money but has all the frills with a hardcase.  Tonally however it is very impressive with the LR Baggs and is ideal for anyone looking for a performance nylon instrument and pretty much removing the issues of feedback.  It also has a slightly narrower neck than a traditional classical - more of a wider acoustic feel.

Its certainly one of my top recommendations in this genre.

For what its worth here is a link to my site.  Not as cheap a the Ebay listing but there is a 10% discount if you order over Xmas and the price includes a £55 setup and all the quality control for which I am reputed...

http://www.rguitars.co.uk/products/ct-125c-n#.Ur1akbRtb5w

But regardless whether you want one from me or not - they are excellent value and hope that helps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Seen reviews on Youtube - will buy from you later in the year Richard  Washing machine has just died on us over Christmas 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Personally I'm a big fan of Crafter, I have a GA7 acoustic that punches so far above it's weight it's unreal. I've peen pondering getting a new nylon and this one looks intriguing for sure.
  • Fairly certain these were not this expensive last year...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/crafter_sat_tmbk_slim_arched.htm

But they sound good, and I think they're actually really quite good looking, too. Nice things :)
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I've had one of these for years , absolutely brilliant guitar for the money , I don't get on with classical width necks so this is just perfect for me . The Baggs system is versatile too , and it plays like butter .