NGWE Fender Telecoustic

What's Hot
Its a new guitar weekend, got me a nice preowned sunburst telecoustic guitar. Its an acoustic shaped like a Tele, decent Tele style neck, the smaller body and electric style neck add up to more comfort for me when playing.
the unplugged tone, as is often pointed out in reviews, is somewhat quiet, and certainly is not the most beautiful subtle tone ever, however i am quite enjoying the quietness, and it sounds nice for finger picking. Ive bought some folk strings for when the existing ones need changing, i think this will help to. It sounded excellent when plugged in though! So now I'm gassing for an acoustic amp
playability is great for me, I'm not very big so dreadnoughts are always a bit of a strain. I like how small this is, and the neck feels like my actual Tele.
All in all, very happy for less than 100 squids
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    Pics or it didn't happen!
  • Haha I will try and make it so
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    As you've found already, they're a fairly poor acoustic and a not at all bad electro-acoustic. You'll never get anyone to take them seriously because they're so obviously a bit 'toy-like', but to me that's part of the charm - the Stratacoustic even more so. Kind of like a modern Danelectro Convertible.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Nice! It actually looks much less toy-like in sunburst than in the red and silver which I think are all I've seen them in, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks man, i like it. To be honest it was as nice a "straight" unplugged acoustic sound as the shop had for £100, but i mainly enjoy playing acoustic for the feel of it less than the amazing sounds it may or may mot make. Its very playable.
    plus if i do get gigging next year it'll be a very handy instrument. I also want to try it through an electric amp!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    edited December 2013
    I tried one out when they first came out......and what ICBM's first words are spot on............HOWEVER what it is superb for, is armchair noodling...................louder than a tele,  more comfortable than an acoustic............ spot on   

crackin buy for less than a oner..........well done
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I agree, on the armchair bit, that's exactly what i want it for at home. I'm not a bad acoustic player generally but its not an instrument i take seriously to play, much prefer the electric, however there are times i just cant be bothered to plug in everything to get the amp going, so i feel this will fill the gap, very much "pick up and play" and looks nice hanging on the wall (girlfriend friendly)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    it helps greatly if you do like me, and just consider yourself "a guitar player"  with no bias either way............that way you just pick up and play - no matter what's in your hand at the time..........(oo er mrs   :D    )  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Same here. I don't see the big difference between electric and acoustic that many players seem to - to the point that I use the same basic string gauge on both as well. I very often practice with an unplugged electric (even a solid) - I find it makes you listen to your technique more than playing amplified does. My most-played guitar in the house at them moment is my Danelectro Convertible, exactly for the reasons you like the Telecoustic - it doesn't sound great unplugged, but it's quiet and small.

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I tend to play acoustic quite differently to electric.  Though this could be more to do with the context in which I play, being in church.  When I play electric (most of the time) it's in a service where we have a 'full band' and I tend to play chords and pick higher up the neck where I find there's more 'space'.  When I play acoustic it's generally big open chords and all down the nut end.  With electric I tend to have a more simple strum or pick individual notes whereas acoustic tends to be more of a fuller 'pattern' (if that makes sense).  Acoustic duties for me also has a lot of small group contexts where the guitar is there for everyone to sing to.

I also tend to practise with an electric unplugged, less setting up and it's more wife/tv friendly!  
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2347
    nice :D
  • How did you take photos in my room? :-o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom