SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

L/P DC SPECIAL PARTGIBO SOLD

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
edited December 2013 in Guitars £ tFB Trader
    The guitar for sale is a L/P DC Special type guitar.

faults :-  The bridge post holes had to be filled and re-drill.

The neck binding had to be removed and re-placed.

Apart form the above the guitar is in VG condition, the head stock is drill for Kluson 3 on a plate tuners the bridge post holes are drill for Allparts stop tailpiece (part No TP-3405-001)

1 piece Mahogany body
Pickup rout 2 P90’s (not dog ear)
3 piece 1/4 sawn Mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard
1 mm white binding on the neck
MOP dots on the face of the neck with 2mm black plastic side dots.
Frets StewMac 150  
Real Ebony head stock face

PRICE  £275 inc P & P   ( THE PRICE IF THE GUITAR HAD NO FAULTS £405 )

This is a one off when its gone its gone!

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry what are the origins of this? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader
        I’m a UK guitar builder and I’m having a clear out of guitars that have been around for some time. You can see some of my work in making & modding on this forum but loads of post on the UKGB forum, some links below.

As there are quite a few part caster builders on the forum so I thought some one might like the idea of doing a Gibson type build, and with a lot interest in L/P juniors at the moment I thought I put this one on this forum first. May be calling it a partgib was not the best way to describe this post. 

Most of the bodies and necks I make go out to custom builder who do all the finishing etc and sell them under they own brand name. This guitar was going out to a custom builder but its not 100% so its being sold with faults at low price.

So its origins are it was hand built by me from start to finish (NO CNC) and thats it really, have a look at the links below.

The link showing the work shop being moved you can see 20 odd years of necks and bodies that I’m going to sell in the new year some will have a few faults but most will be OK.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    I'll take it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    TTony said:
    I'll take it.
    Bugger! Beat me to it! If TTony drops out, i'll have it :)

If you have any other S/C Jnr/Special builds that need work, please PM me.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • I don't want a Les Paul Junior anymore, I want one of those crap looking things sold in Woolworths ........so you can all bugger of out of my dream :(

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Why am I always late to the party
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    I'm actually amazed that it stayed here, unbought, for nearly 4 -FOUR- hours!  Where were you all?  

I thought about it for seconds once I'd seen it.  I've watched some of Grahame's pretty impressive work over on UKGB through the years, so I'm expecting that this will be something fairly special.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    I'm actually amazed that it stayed here, unbought, for nearly 4 -FOUR- hours!
    I was scanning ebay for a Les Paul junior...............I'm off to sulk in the corner and rock :(

• WezVWezV Frets: 16655
    bargain!
  • Good move, Tony!

Can't wait to see the rest of the clearout! :O
  • If I was in the UK I'd have had it first :p
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'd be interested in a LP junior type thing!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Nice catch, Tony. :)
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
         There are no more L/P Juniors to go in my new year sale but I can make them to order they cost £405 less 5% for being a forum member or £320 if you do your own fretting.

The only L/P’s left that are going in the sale are full arch tops but I have not got them ready so I can not give a price or spec yet.

The only other Gibo type guitars that might go in the sale are 2 Fly V’s but thats is only a may be.