What's happened to RedPlate amps in terms of buzz

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Well, my NAD has arrived !!

Redplate RP50R is now in the house... just as I remembered, and even better. ill have to do a NAD thread after Santa has been...

The Tweed side is amazing. 

There may even be a For Sale Lazy J20 and Ext Cab thread soon !!!

More to follow...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Out of interest, what has The Gear Page hype machine actually moved on to?

I can't bear to go back there - but I would like to know the answer to this ONE question...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited December 2016
    Friedman and Milkman were the thing a little while ago, but I think TGP are having a back-to-the-old-school thing at the moment, lots of talk about vintage and the 'original boutiques' like Mesa, Soldano and Matchless.

i suspect a lot of the P&W crowd have gone digital meaning less trend-following from them, leaving the rockers and bluesers to their old school bigger amps.

I also think the 'Boutique Amp Distribution' thing might be doing to some brands what PBG did in the guitar arena...

Could be wrong though!

I can't bear to go back there - but I would like to know the answer to this ONE question...
    To be fair mate, imho and all that, TGP is not the only forum guilty of 'hype'; it goes on in our own beloved forum here too !

I still frequent TGP; I can sometimes get an answer that wouldn't be offered here, and actually find it less cynical than here too sometimes. Other times, its the other way round...

But the latest hype machine ?

Milkman did the rounds, but the common consensus seemed to be that they were overpriced...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    Out of interest, what has The Gear Page hype machine actually moved on to?

Errr...Boss katana believe it or not..!
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    Don't really get hype amps. 

Its very rare you find stuff thats anything any better than what we already have access to, usually. 

Plus most amplifiers seem to be getting more and more polite. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @nerine - bah humbug !!

To be fair mate, imho and all that, TGP is not the only forum guilty of 'hype'; it goes on in our own beloved forum here too !

I still frequent TGP; I can sometimes get an answer that wouldn't be offered here, and actually find it less cynical than here too sometimes. Other times, its the other way round...

Milkman did the rounds, but the common consensus seemed to be that they were overpriced...
    I just checked the Milkman out and yeah very overpriced. Considering you can get a Louis electric for much less

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Out of interest, what has The Gear Page hype machine actually moved on to?

I just checked the Milkman out and yeah very overpriced. Considering you can get a Louis electric for much less

LOL - from one hyped amp company to another!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm probably gonna regret selling my redplate, but for the moment its still amazing and still up for sale as GAS is cruel. 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    When I saw the thread title I thought they were susceptible to lots of noise.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 804
    edited July 2020
    Old thread - but my RedPlate BlackVerb is quite simply the best amp I ever played through (though my requirements are simple).

I love Dumble Overdrive, but the Dumble clean sound is too mid-heavy.

The RedPlate gives me perfect blackface Fender cleans and fat Dumble overdrive in one package.

Since I got it, I sold all my other amps - and now I only have one amp.

[Imgur](https://imgur.com/9ioVoxd)
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Very limited availability in the UK? Is it just Coda?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Lebarque said:
    None at Coda for a while now mate - sadly 
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    Lebarque said:
    None at Coda for a while now mate - sadly 
    Agreed - great amps. I bought an Aurora 34 from Doug at Coda years ago. Brilliant amp, well put together with a host of features. Only sold it to fund my Carol Ann obsession, and stay married observing the wife's "one in, one out" rule

There are a few in the UK, but if you know what you want, importing one is certainly an option
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I would love to try the magika. Let me know if someone sees one for sale. I have Wazmeister old rp50r and it’s a dream. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Came across this old thread...

Man, I miss my Redplates... the sound still haunts me.