SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fs 8 ohm laney gs210 cab for cheaps

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
edited December 2013 in Amps £
Come collect it for £25. It's taking up space.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    edited December 2013
    Whereabouts?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    Whereabouts?
    the classifieds section

;)

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie;112027" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

Whereabouts?

the classifieds section

;)
    Moved! Apologies :)

I'm in Cambridgeshire. It's been listed for fifty quid, then forty, then thirty. Someone was going to take it for thirty but no show. I just wanna get rid as I've no use for it at all.
  • Ah that's a shame! I'd have it off you it you were closer but I'm not heading anywhere near your neck of the woods for ages! Is it ply or something else btw?
  • Truth be told, I'm not sure. It's solid, but it's one of the older ones, where some are ply and some are mdf. This one is heavy and solid, but that doesn't mean much.

It has the hh speakers in, and the ten inchers are better than the 12 inchers, but still not great. They make (for this money) a great upgrade cab - stick a couple of celestions or taydens in and you've got a great sounding cab. I just... Don't need it anymore. It actually sounded fine stock, I used it with a 50 watt head (with a 1x12 as well) and a 5 watter and it sounded good with both.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Where abouts in Cambridgeshire are you?  I should be heading that way in the new year to get an amp and could swing by...

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• I'm near St Ives, Huntingdon... You know, the black fens :)

• I just posted this in amps:

I currently use a Laney VC30 in its 1x12 format. When playing larger places it seems somewhat directional. I guess I could mic it up through our PA but I'm wondering would I get a better spread to my sound by adding a cab? Laney have a 2x10 closed back cabinet with a couple of Jensen C10Q16 drivers in it. What would this do for the sound in terms of spread and EQ?

Can you give me a steer on what I might expect from it in combination with a 1x12? I could be in the market for your cab.
  • Well, I used to use it with a Laney lh50 with a 1x12 and the 2x10.

I used the 1x12 essentially as a woofer - it would couple with the floor, as the hh driver was pretty dull sounding. The 2x10 gave the projection, and it was quite nice. More bass than a 1x12, and also a bit more sparkle. Then ten inch hh drivers are not great, but they're better than the 12 imo. So my set up really let me hear the 2x10 more than the 1x12.

I'll just say, this cab has been dibsed. However, they'll let me know in a week or so if they can take it or not, so if not, I'll let you know :)

I used the cab on its own with a mooer little monster ac and it was really quite nice - again, nice amount of bass but with more sparkle than the equivalent 1x12. The reason I'm selling so cheap is because it's taking up space and the speakers *are* low quality. However, for this price, it'll work fine and a relatively low cost jensen or celestion upgrade in the near future would make the cab quite good for what would still be a low price.
  • Thanks for your answer. If no-one takes it let me know and I'm up for it.
  • Okay sure.  I'll warn you, though, for whatever reason, it's had tons of interest.  Been up for sale on a couple of threads now, but no interest until I dropped it from £30 to the magical £25!
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Bargain, you should buy it now! 
  • Richardj said:
    Bargain, you should buy it now! 
    I will, if whoever has dibs on it doesn't come through.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, there is about 5 people in queue now...

How did this happen?! It's been up for ages... :p

Just waiting for someone to say if they want it or not, then there are a few others who have said they'd take it. So if no one comes through, I'll let you know :) wish I'd made it a dedicated thread from the start, might have gotten my thirty quid asking price! ;)

I'm just desperate to get rid, it's literally just a big box to me right now.
  • bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64

Did the cab sell?

Thanks

Ben