Guitar and Bass Review of Oil City Pickups

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Been gagging to let on to you guys ... but kept mum till I knew for sure ... I have just been told that the Guitar and Bass review for The oil City Winterizer set, the Tele, bridge tapped Wapping Wharf and the neck HonkyTonk Angel comes out tomorrow I believe. 
We're quite excited :-)
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    Having just opened it and had a full read..... Great review of both pairs.congrats indeed!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
    tFB Trader
    We are very happy :-)
    It's nice that the music press 'get' what we're about as far as not just rehashing 'classic' old designs, but giving them new features and functionality for modern players ...  

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Great review - well done 
    It's funny how the tele never goes out of date and rarely out of favour.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
    tFB Trader
    Teles are the Swiss Army Knife of guitars ... with 'relatively standard pickups (at a bit of a push with some sorts of metal) you can play anything with them. Add some extra features (like the coil tap in the review example ... and you have a totally versatile workman's tool of a guitar.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Teles are the Swiss Army Knife of guitars ... with 'relatively standard pickups (at a bit of a push with some sorts of metal) you can play anything with them. Add some extra features (like the coil tap in the review example ... and you have a totally versatile workman's tool of a guitar.
    I think of the Tele more as the AK47 of guitars.

Invented in the late 40's, reliable, cheap to make, still in use 70 years later and does the job in any conditions.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    I see the Tele more like a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea; a solid start to get to work! 

Congrats on the fine review though Ash.