Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2016
    Hurrah, love those guys....can't wait. 

I'll now hand over to a load of anti Clarkson and co posts.....go!

~O)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2376
    Damn, my money was on "Two Talentless Wankers & James May"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Very much looking forward to it.

And to Stewart Lee's whiney deconstruction of it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Ill-advised goatee, Hammond.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Can't wait. Neither this or New Top Gear will be as good as Old Top Gear at its best but they'll both be much better than nothing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Underwhelmed by the name, if I'm honest - but looking forward to it nonetheless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    Chris Evans has been handed a poison chalice really hasn't he ?  He would have to have naked women driving supercars over cobblestones every episode and be giving away free beer for anyone to not put the boot in when it airs in three weeks.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Emp_Fab;1069254" said:
    Chris Evans has been handed a poison chalice really hasn't he ?  He would have to have naked women driving supercars over cobblestones every episode and be giving away free beer for anyone to not put the boot in when it airs in three weeks.
    He's said words to the effect of 'Clarkson may well have left at the right time' in a recent interview.

Odd that his arrogance should appear to be diminishing as 'D' day nears....
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    I hope James May wears a 'man bun', I would love to see the look on Clarkson's face

• Emp_Fab said:
    Chris Evans has been handed a poison chalice really hasn't he ? 
    Great to see there's some good coming out of it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    It'll be interesting to see whether this has any redeeming features.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    Sarge;1068947" said:
    Damn, my money was on "Two Talentless Wankers & James May"
    They'd probably dispute being talentless...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Emp_Fab;1069254" said:
    It could be the world's most beautiful women with the finest Bristols ever, driving beautiful Bristol cars and the world's most heavenly ale...

and the Sun and Mail would still moan they were flat chested, driving shoddy cars and that the beer is flat.

Evans'll be fine. I reckon he'll keep enough people happy enough of the time. Probably pull in a wider audience demographic.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Skarloey said:
    Emp_Fab;1069254" said:
    It could be the world's most beautiful women with the finest Bristols ever, driving beautiful Bristol cars and the world's most heavenly ale...

and the Sun and Mail would still moan they were flat chested, driving shoddy cars and that the beer is flat.

Evans'll be fine. I reckon he'll keep enough people happy enough of the time. Probably pull in a wider audience demographic of like-minded bell-ends.
    FTFY.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Just a heads up that it's gonna be on this Friday evening.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    I saw Clarkson on Ross on Saturday. He really is a cock. Difficult to isolate the larger cock though as they are both tits. Clarkson just seems to be everything I don't like about people. A proper berk. I bet being in his company is unbelievably aggravating.

Which is a real shame (for me at least) because the Grand Tour looks very good. I like the idea and scale of it.

It would be perfect if they replaced Clarkson with Oz Clarke, and we could have him getting bevvied in various locations around the world, and bazzing around in vehicles in many states of hangover.
  • I will watch that, quite interested if they will follow the same concept, or will they go different route.
    I've read they have spent some ridiculous budget on the show.
    I was a bit more excited about the whole thing last year though. With the massive fail that the latest TG series was - it'll be difficult for Clarkson to do worse.
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited November 2016
    ∆∆∆ this.  The new fastest lap thing could be "hungover celebrities in a reasonably priced car, which has the windows rolled up and an open can of Red Bull on the dash."

Whoever pukes last wins.
  • Snap said:
    It would be perfect if they replaced Clarkson with Oz Clarke, and we could have him getting bevvied in various locations around the world, and bazzing around in vehicles in many states of hangover.
    Possibly a gig for Sambostar?
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I've historically always been a fan of Clarkson but the recent incidents made me wonder what he is really like. Then I met two people recently who have spent time with him a confirmed he is a massive arse.
    It's a shame because now whenever I see him I'm second guessing what he's really like.
    I also saw him on Ross and found it all surprisingly uncomfortable.