Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Grand Tour...

What's Hot

Comments

• I enjoyed it, though I found the background music 'beds' a bit weird during the first part of the hypercar section. 

I think they'll need an episode or two to get the easy going banter in the studio sections back on form but I'll be keeping watching.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I'd like to see it but I won't be signing up as I already have netflix and we are more than happy with that.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The bit about anything with more or less than eight cylinders being "communist" made me chuckle.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    That was like watching the best episode of Top Gear on steroids, fantastic television. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 79 quid for prime?, 30 quid for a firestick. 

just sayin'.

and ironically, they're made by amazon.

enjoyed the show, felt a bit 'forced' in places, but it was the first one, and it was in the US where things tend to have to be a bit shouty and ott. but a good start nonetheless.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    I enjoyed it, bit cringe in parts but the cinematography is excellent and it's nice to see the new test track is in Swindon!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • i noticed that as well. the substation , which we saw for a split second had a yellow name/place plate, and one word leapt out at me, "wroughton" . which as an ex RAF bod was where the pmrafns hospital was located, ergo, an old airfield.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Me and the boys thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of it.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    On the whole it was good.  Will probably be better when they don't have to do segments explaining the layout of the new track, and who the new driver is.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    If was fine I thought. Good moments and bad. Oddly I suspect the money thrown at it has turned up on the screen as extra time and I felt a few bits dragged on longer than necessary.
    They didn't look as at home as they did on TG but that's to be expected. Much better than the last series of TG obviously.
  • It does present a bit of a dilemma for the BBC as J/J/R have largely kept the TG concept with extra money. Do the BBC try and compete and do the same or change the concept? 
  • It does present a bit of a dilemma for the BBC as J/J/R have largely kept the TG concept with extra money. Do the BBC try and compete and do the same or change the concept? 
    It's time to give the show a rest - watching The GT made me realise just how feeble the last series of TG was.

Rather than throw money at it, they need the talent to make it work in the first place. I don't think Matt LeBlanc is the answer. 
  • Enjoyed it too.

Way too much car time though.

This is entertainment not "What Car?"
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Really enjoyed it, nice bit of scenery in Portugal
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I liked it. Bit too Top Geary, but they'll adjust I think. i suppose Top Gear but not Top Gear is what Amazon paud for. Less car time in upcoming episodes.

Also I liked the general triia on X-Ray, not seen that before

http://i.imgur.com/IfiiVDI.png

Although one of them was to explain what melon balls were.
    My V key is broken
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7852
    It made me chuckle.  Loved it.  It made the last series of Top Gear look utterly crap....which it was..  

I really do hope they bulldoze Clarkson's house!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Loely cars though. Dunno which I'd pick, the head says Porsche, heart says Ferarri, pants say McLaren
    My V key is broken
  • TheMarlin said:
    It made me chuckle.  Loved it.  It made the last series of Top Gear look utterly crap....which it was..  

They blew it up in the summer, iirc...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    TheMarlin said:

They blew it up in the summer, iirc...
    Yes, caused a bit of a stink with the locals.
    He is building a new one, they just worked into TGT for fun I guess.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    holnrew said:
    Loely cars though. Dunno which I'd pick, the head says Porsche, heart says Ferarri, pants say McLaren
    Similar opinion here.

I think if I had to use one on a relatively regular basis it'd need to be the Porsche.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."