Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Grand Tour...

What's Hot

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1947
    I've just watched some of it, pretty good but as others have said, the dialogue felt a little strained.
    What was worse was the sound to picture sync which was around 0.25 seconds out. Don't know why that was. I stopped and started it, switched from 4k to standard HD, still the same issue.
    Then I went straight to another Amazon show and the sound sync was fine? Too many people streaming it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    exocet said:
    I've just watched some of it, pretty good but as others have said, the dialogue felt a little strained.
    What was worse was the sound to picture sync which was around 0.25 seconds out. Don't know why that was. I stopped and started it, switched from 4k to standard HD, still the same issue.
    Then I went straight to another Amazon show and the sound sync was fine? Too many people streaming it?
    If it's a sync issue its most likely your local version of silverlight being screwed up
    What's Silverlight? 
    Thought that was Web browser related? I'm watching on Samsung TV with integrated Amazon app? 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    edited November 2016
    exocet said:
    What's Silverlight? 
    Thought that was Web browser related? I'm watching on Samsung TV with integrated Amazon app? 
    Lol - not in that case then ;)

Most browser based sync issues with Amazon TV and the like are silverlight based.

Does your TV do auto app updates or do you have to trigger manually, cos I would bet it's the app version that's causing the issue

(silverlight is a M$ plugin similar to Flash - it's a framework that allows devs to add rich content to web pages, apps and the like)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    I noticed audio sync issues watching with an amazon fire Tv stick.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    I enjoyed it. The 3 car showdown went on a bit, and they could do with a couple of shorter segments on other cars, but hopefully it'll hit its stride in the next couple of weeks
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited November 2016
    I liked it ! Got their previous TG Producer, which is key I think. Last series of the three amigos' TG was rubbish.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mrkb said:
    Me too, specifically when May was driving the Fezza round the track. 
    mrkb said:
    Me too, specifically when May was driving the Fezza round the track. 
    That's where I started to notice it. At first I thought I was pushing it a bit trying to watch it in 4k on a Sunday evening when bandwidth at our local exchange tends to dry up. The picture however was rock solid. Dropping down to standard 1080 made no difference.

I then started a different program in HD from Amazon and there were no sync issues. I guess it's one of the joys of streaming.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    I have problems with iPlayer syncing on the Fire Stick.  I use our Virgin box for iPlayer even though it takes 3 times as long to load up iPlayer.  I've not noticed issues with anything else using the Fire Stick though.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10227
    Most things I watch on the Fire Stick are out of sync when using my soundbar but I've got an auto sync button on the remote which puts it right.Another reason (excuse) to buy a soundbar if her indoors needs a bit of persuasion.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    edited November 2016
    Just watched the first two episodes last night. Thought episode 1 was very good indeed. Second episode ruined by the bit where they rescued Her Maj - very long and not very funny. Apart from that it was excellent.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    That bit of the second episode was definitely too long.  If they had edited it more, and not kept repeating things it could have been ok.  I suspect they spent a lot of money on that piece and felt they had to get their money's worth.
  • the first one was OK, but the second was the sort of inane drivel that plagued the last few years on the BBC - shite.

• Agree. I enjoyed the Aston Martin part but the whole special forces bit was just too long. it was funny at times (when they were repeatedly getting killed) but it was twice to long. Shame, as the pilot was brilliant imho.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    With that level of investment Amazon will want to see the 'money on the screen'.  Its kinda "never mind the entertainment, look at the money!"  Most usually a problem with producers who aren't used to that level of budget.

It will get better.
  • Anyone seen S3? 

I wasn't looking forward to it - in all honesty - I have completely forgotten about the show, and I watch very little TV these days anyway. Then all of the sudden came across the first episode of third series couple of weeks ago... I must say - I quite liked it. 
    Yes, it was the same old jokes, with the same old camera work, same cliches etc etc... but it's still entertaining television. Ditching the celebrity race-off, guests was a good move - I don't think anyone liked that segment. 
    2nd episode is already a ''special'' - I liked the old Top Gear ones - 1st part of Colombia one wasn't that good, let's hope for the better one next week.
  • Anyone seen S3? 

I wasn't looking forward to it - in all honesty - I have completely forgotten about the show, and I watch very little TV these days anyway. Then all of the sudden came across the first episode of third series couple of weeks ago... I must say - I quite liked it. 
    Yes, it was the same old jokes, with the same old camera work, same cliches etc etc... but it's still entertaining television. Ditching the celebrity race-off, guests was a good move - I don't think anyone liked that segment. 
    2nd episode is already a ''special'' - I liked the old Top Gear ones - 1st part of Colombia one wasn't that good, let's hope for the better one next week.
    Part 2 is out already. The Columbia Special Parts 1 and 2 were released on Friday and Saturday respectively. 

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    edited January 2019
    I spent Friday in bed having had a stomach bug, so caught up with episode 1 and 2.  All very familiar and usual, though Clarkson's paunch seems to have grown quite a bit since the last series.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I’m enjoying it. Same old same old, but I like them and I like the cars.