Small body vintage acoustic

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
After picking up a vintage Epiphone Olympic and a Jaguar I'm getting hooked on vintage.

I'd like to find an acoustic that would compliment my little collection but I'm a total noob when it comes to vintage acoustics. I've got a modern acoustic which I play from time to time (Gibson Songwriter Deluxe) but I do quite like the idea of a small body.

What does the forum think about something like an Epiphone Cortez? Anything else I should consider? Things to watch out for? I'm not looking to spend massive amounts of money either..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    I think I might have played it, or the Gibson variant which is kind of similar; the B20 which was a pretty poor guitar (well the one I tried)

I think the best priced vintage small bodied acoustic would be a Guild, either a F20 or a M20 (both 0 sized), or the F30 (000 sized), which should start from the £1k mark.  Keep an eye for whether they need a neck reset or not.  Old Guilds if they do need neck resets are really expensive repairs. 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I have had a look at a few guilds online. Neck reset does sound a bit scary though
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    I have a 60s f 20, my only ever keeper guitar, nothing come close to it, for me it's perfection.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Anything I should look out for in an F20?
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Same issues with older Guilds, keep an eye for whether it needs a neck reset or not.  If it does need one, then it could give you an opportunity to bring down the asking price. 

I saw on F20 on Ebay, which to my perception seems a bit overpriced.  

If you have no objections to getting a new guitar there is the newly released USA made Guild M-20.