The spec on this Recording King looks amazing for the price:

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4126
Torrefied Adirondack top for £400?

Anyone know if these are solid back and sides? I'm always suspicious when they say solid top and then don't also use the word solid when describing the back and side material.....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    The back and sides are laminated, which I think for that model fits the aesthetic.

Recording King have some very well priced all solid guitars though, The Rd-10 for just over £200, and the RD-316 has a Adi top and is all solid and used to be be on the market for a bit more than the one above, ebony fretboard too. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    amazzzzzzzing spec and price -
    but is it a good instrument ?
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    AliGorie said:
    amazzzzzzzing spec and price -
    but is it a good instrument ?

Good question...sounds pretty good here: Tone's one thing...projection is another and that's where I've personally found laminate backs to be a bit lacking.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I've got an all solid woods recording king. Hands down the best guitar I've ever owned, and one of the best I've ever played.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    They're fantastic guitars for the money! I've played quite a few of them as I know the guys that sell and distribute in this country and didn't find a bad guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    The acoustic I've played most over the last 3 years is a Loar (from the Recording King stable, but going for the pre-war Gibson aesthetic rather than Martin). Partly bought as an experiment to see how good a £200 "living room" guitar can be... It has no right to be this good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    I can't say I've ever player a bad RK or Loar guitar. They're phenomenal for the price, it was a shame to see Westside Distr stop stocking them around the time of the Sigma relaunch but they (RK's) made almost all the sub-£1k acoustics look & sound overpriced in comparison.