SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Les Paul Standard - 2002 SOLD

What's Hot

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Seven pages back in just nine days, Jeez!

Hi everyone!  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96

Thanks for reminding me about this guitar:(

edited October 2016
    @Gadgie - I meant to email you, I took the pickups out the other week - I couldn't believe what was written in the cavity.....

http://i.imgur.com/qnIWVi5.jpg

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    haha.....is that a sign:)
  • FellixFellix Frets: 27
    Would you consider a trade at all for this? I have a really nice ebony 1979 Les Paul Deluxe or a brand new Fender American Elite Stratocaster in Sky-Burst Metallic I could trade for it.
    2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
    Thanks for the offer @Fellix but I've come to realise (with this being my 2nd) that I'm not a Les Paul guy. And I'm in the middle of my dream strat build - so that base is covered too.

The only thing I'd consider is a Gibson SG (standard, traditional  or '61).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FellixFellix Frets: 27
    MtB said:
    Thanks for the offer @Fellix but I've come to realise (with this being my 2nd) that I'm not a Les Paul guy. And I'm in the middle of my dream strat build - so that base is covered too.

The only thing I'd consider is a Gibson SG (standard, traditional  or '61).

I was very much of the same train of thought as what you're going through now. I had 3 other Les Paul's before I got my '79 Deluxe. It was the first time that the feel of a Les Paul felt right. I had previous had a 2013 Les Paul LPJ. It was a bit too heavy, but had such a wonderful neck on it, but the worn/faded cherry look with the plastic covered humbuckers just put me off playing the guitar. I then had a 1995 and 2015 Les Paul Studio. The 95 was nice but had flaws and the 2015 "modern" Studio was ghastly. 

A couple years ago, I transformed a humble MIM Fender Standard Strat into a kind of Strat Plus replica. I even managed to get a genuine '94 Strat Plus neck and it was a fun build to do. (Installed Schaller locking tuners, a set of Lace Sensor Gold pickups, Fender TBX tone boost, block steel saddles). After playing on a genuine Fender American Strat, I realised there was such a massive difference in how refined the shape and edges of the Strat's body was.

It was originally seeing an American Strat Plus in 1994/5 and being allowed to hold it in a local guitar shop, that made me want to learn guitar. I had always wanted a really high spec American Strat and when I saw the Sky-Burst Metallic Elite Strat I just knew I had to get it. Then after a few weeks, a guitar collector I am forum buddies with, decided to sell a lot of his guitars as he had nearly 80 guitars and he wanted to basically get very high end and vintage stuff. He had a '02 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS in vintage cherry  burst. I had been pestering him for 3 years to sell me the guitar and finally I was able to. For the last month I've had my two American Strats and my Deluxe LP. My Elite Strat just isn't getting played, which made me sad that such a great Strat was just left being unplayed.

The '02 American Deluxe Strat is made out of Ash rather than Alder, so it's nice and light. Also for some reason they use abalone for the fret dot markers and the Fender logo on the headstock is actually a chromed paint, rather than the usual gold or black paint. It's a very pretty guitar and if I was to build up my dream Strat from scratch, I would end up with something very similar to my Deluxe Strat. The neck on the Deluxe Strat is identical to the Strat Plus neck and uses the Fender LSR roller nut and Fender/Schaller locking tuners. All I need to do it put on the scratch plate from my Strat Plus replica (I have took it apart and I'm selling off some nice Strat parts if you need anything) onto the Deluxe Strat and it would be perfect :) 

Sorry to waffle on in your FS thread. 

I'll keep an eye out for you Strat build thread (if you're doing one?).

2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2016
    Bumpety bump - And collection only from Hemel Hempstead or Maidenhead.
  • are you not anywhere near teeside again in the very near future?
    Afraid not, though I'll post here if I have any travelling in the coming days / weeks.
  • MtB said:
    Afraid not, though I'll post here if I have any travelling in the coming days / weeks.
    would you be willing to post at all?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No, I'm afraid that as far as this value of guitar is concerned I'm not prepared to take the risk.

If you're really that keen why not get the train?
  • it would cost a fortune mate, just let me know if your up this way again anytime soon
  • Is this definitely s 50s neck ? 
    Good question @JMP220478 and I'm not well versed enough in Gibson necks to know the difference. I was going on the internet forum view that the LP5+ in the pickup cavity signified a 50's neck.

I've just had the vernier calipers out and taken measurements adjacent to the 1st and 12th frets and the readings are 0.840" and 0.985" respectively.

Go figure.

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    edited November 2016
    You mentioned trades for SG? I've got a vey nice 61 reissue (2009), problem for me is that I really like 50's necks and the SG has a 60's neck. I'm in Bournemouth so could meet on the A303 if interested.
    Arrrrrrgggghhhhhh! Within 24 hours of buying an SG they're now popping up all over the place!

Sorry, but I've just bought the MJW SG.
    Definitely a 50's neck type bump...!
    Weekly bump - yawn!
    TTT