Behringer.. You 'Beauoooty'!

equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
edited May 2016 in Bass
This cheap as chips (£21) V-Tone BDI21 bass pre-amp has transformed my lifeless Peavey 6 string Grind bass into an active monster.
I was getting so frustrated with the sound of the bass as it it passive and truly uninspiring, yet the build quality is great. I had looked at purchasing another active 6 string or retro fitting an active pre-amp when I found some recommendations about this little box.

Holy shyte.. was a transformation. I've never been impressed by a Behringer product before.. but this little unit is outstanding.
Incredible value for money.

If you have an old passive bass that you've been thinking of ditching to go active.. then seriously.. this is well worth a punt.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    Looks to be based on the Sansamp BDDI?

If so it'll sound pretty decent.  The switch looks flimsy in photos but if it'll be an always on type pedal it should be ok.

Another cheap pedal with a similar sound is the Hartke VXL Bass Attack.  They sometimes show up on eBay, they're technically discontinued but some shops still have new stock.  Couple of cool features on that - the shape control can be sweeped to give a lot of different sounds, plus it can be phantom powered which is handy if you just want to plug straight in.  I think it works best as a pick a sound and leave it at that kind of pedal, despite the two footswitches, just because of how it is designed.  It is also fairly big...  But I like it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27988
    The acoustic Behringer one is good too - and on bass.

And I've got one of the Hartke ones in the Classfieds if anyone wants/needs one...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24186
    Looks to be based on the Sansamp BDDI?

If so it'll sound pretty decent.  The switch looks flimsy in photos but if it'll be an always on type pedal it should be ok.

Another cheap pedal with a similar sound is the Hartke VXL Bass Attack.  They sometimes show up on eBay, they're technically discontinued but some shops still have new stock.  Couple of cool features on that - the shape control can be sweeped to give a lot of different sounds, plus it can be phantom powered which is handy if you just want to plug straight in.  I think it works best as a pick a sound and leave it at that kind of pedal, despite the two footswitches, just because of how it is designed.  It is also fairly big...  But I like it. 
    Aye. It is Behringer's err, tribute to the BDDI!
    It's a cracking unit.
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 752
    I've got one for gigging my Bass Vi after discovering a 15w guitar amp just couldn't handle it. The sound man loved it and it feels like I've got a proper bass amp!!

Switch is actually fine on it. Would consider buying the genuine sansamp except it's 8-9 times more expensive!!

Glad it's got you using that instrument again!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    Thanks @jellybelly. It sounds bloomin good on my old 78' Precision Fretless too.
    :D
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"