SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS SE Angelus Custom acoustic in mint condition

What's Hot
guitarman66guitarman66 Frets: 29
edited March 2017 in Acoustics £

Manufacture of these guitars was discontinued in 2013. gear4music currently has a 'B' stock shop demonstrator model for sale at £599 so my asking price is exceptional for a guitar in mint condition.

This guitar is approx. 3 years old but has rarely been used as I normally play electrics and it has been in its case for the last 12 months so it's time to let it go. There are absolutely no scratches, dents, dings or visible fret wear and the guitar is in 'as new' mint condition.

The body top is solid Sitka Spruce, the back is solid Rosewood and the sides are laminated Rosewood, all in a natural gloss finish. The neck is mahogany with an ebony fingerboard with bird inlays, a nut width of 1.75 inches and 12" fingerboard radius.

The guitar comes with two different height interchangeable bone bridge saddles for low and higher action respectively and a PRS hard case in excellent condition. The low action bone saddle is currently fitted to the bridge along with a set of new 10-gauge Ernie Ball 'Earthwood' phosphor bronze alloy acoustic strings.

PM me if  you want further pictures or information.

Specification are as shown below:

Body style: Right-handed 15.5" cutaway;    Colour: Natural;  Finish: Gloss;   Top wood: solid Sitka Spruce;   Back wood: solid Rosewood; Side wood: laminated Rosewood;   Body bracing: PRS X-brace + classical hybrid struts;    Neck wood: Mahogany;  Fingerboard wood/inlays/radius: Ebony/bird inlays/12" radius;   Tuners: PRS SE tuners;    Bridge material: Mahogany;    Nut & bridge saddle material: Bone;   Nut width: 1.75" 

The following is from a review of the PRS SE Angelus Custom by Guitar & Bass magazine "Notwithstanding the SE Angelus’ position as an ‘affordable’ version of the USA-manufactured Angelus, an acoustic guitar that costs just short of a grand is still a pretty major purchase even allowing for high street discounting. Fortunately PRS seems to have got its sums right; the SE Angelus Custom offers a winning combination of understatedly elegant looks and a very impressive tone. Its projection and range seem to justify its price, plus you also get a quality hard case included. PRS may not be at the forefront of people’s minds when considering an acoustic guitar but the SE Angelus Custom presents a very persuasive case for changing all that".

Inspection and Collection from West Oxfordshire with payment by cash or bank transfer

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    edited May 2016
    P&P?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarman66guitarman66 Frets: 29

Hi close2u,

I'm very reluctant to post an acoustic guitar and would rather the buyer collect it in person to ensure that he/she was happy with it. However, I'll deduct £25 to cover your petrol if you are prepared to collect it or the same amount if you want to arrange courier collection and insurance. I won't release it to a courier without proof of insurance. Hope this helps.

Hi close2u,

I'm very reluctant to post an acoustic guitar and would rather the buyer collect it in person to ensure that he/she was happy with it. However, I'll deduct £25 to cover your petrol if you are prepared to collect it or the same amount if you want to arrange courier collection and insurance. I won't release it to a courier without proof of insurance. Hope this helps.

Hi close2u,

I'm very reluctant to send an acoustic guitar in the post even though it has a fitted PRS hard case. However, I'll deduct £25 from the price to cover your petrol if you want to collect it from West Oxfordshire or the same amount if you want to arrange for collection and delivery by a courier with appropriate insurance. I won't release it to a courier without proof of insurance. Hope this helps.

Bank holiday price drop
  • 2nd price drop to £475
  • 3rd PRICE DROP to £450
  • Additional information included
  • If only this had been posted around early August... it's my birthday at the end of July and I would've definitely been interested in this! Unfortunately I don't have the cash to cover it myself right now, hence the waiting for my birthday.

Hopefully you manage to sell it by then but if you're still struggling I'll get back in touch.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    Nice . . .
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• pete624000pete624000 Frets: 74
    PM'D
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
  • Temporarily withdrawn from sale for three weeks
  • Back from holiday and back up for sale again!

• 4th PRICE DROP to £425
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Any interest in a Gibson Les Paul Junior with Bare Knuckle Nantucket?
  • ellwood said:
    Any interest in a Gibson Les Paul Junior with Bare Knuckle Nantucket?

Thanks for your offer but I only play semi-acoustic & hollow-body guitars
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    Just looking at this again, it's just acoustic isn't it? No electronics?
  • close2u said:
    Just looking at this again, it's just acoustic isn't it? No electronics?

It's purely an acoustic with no electronics. This gives you the option of fitting aftermarket pickup(s) of your choice if you wanted to convert it to an electro-acoustic
  • 5th and FINAL PRICE DROP £399

• Weekend bump