Is Gilmour Slightly Losing it Slightly

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Maybe I was being harsh. I still want his babies even though I understand that not biologically possible at the moment.

Never liked waters although he is by far the better songwriter of the two. But he certainly ha mellowed with age but I go with the consensus here, he should have stayed behind the wall with the others!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Travisthedog;13441" said:
    Never liked waters although he is by far the better songwriter of the two. But he certainly ha mellowed with age but I go with the consensus here, he should have stayed behind the wall with the others!
    Did you hear the Desert Island Disks he did? Worth checking out on iPlayer. He came across very well-which TBH surprised me.

He looks so much better behind a P Bass though....
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited August 2013
    Little to no rehearsal, that's all.  It's still really good IMO, just not quite as good as the Albert Hall or Live8 versions, but it's still more musical than almost every cover I've heard.

I was at Live8- the only time the "Proper"  Floyd played together in my lifetime. Fucking awesome.
    This.

He just doesn't play live enough any more. There are plenty of artists in the same boat. Back in his PF days the band would have rehearsed for a month and then be on the road for a year, hence the high standard.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Also, it is Gilmour.  Quite frankly if it had got to the solo and he had thrown his guitar to the ground, raised his middle finger and then bit the head of the world's last living dodo he would still be an untouchable legend.

If you look at Live 8 (not that long ago), he was spot on - after weeks of rehearsals.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclaps;13529" said:
    Also, it is Gilmour.  Quite frankly if it had got to the solo and he had thrown his guitar to the ground, raised his middle finger and then bit the head of the world's last living dodo he would still be an untouchable legend.If you look at Live 8 (not that long ago), he was spot on - after weeks of rehearsals.
    That's genius !
  • I went to one of the Pulse shows when I was 17. Probably best gig I've ever been to... closely followed by Van Halen supporting Bon Jovi at Wembley in the mid 90s. DG has incredible timing and tone, but I can only imagine he was in one of those situations at the O2, when it starts to go wrong, and no matter what you do it just gets worse...

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I am absolutely certain that next time he plays it - in front of a small crowd and with his feet planted firmly on the ground - his timing will be immaculate.
    I think it is very unlikely that Dave will ever ask me for advice about anything but if he did I would tell him - If that situation ever arises again, for example - Playing the solo strapped to a parachute as he slowly drops into the next Global Charity Event to finish the song with a Symphony Orchestra that he has never actually been in the same room with - I would probably say: "Play less notes".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Here's a track with Dave playing with John Paul Jones and Rod Stewart .. great tone and tasty licks ...

• Fretwired;14462" said:
    Here's a track with Dave playing with John Paul Jones and Rod Stewart .. great tone and tasty licks ...
    Just couldn't be mistaken for anyone else.... Fantastic.
  • Oh that's just sublime he did some fantastic work on Sam Browns first album too
    edited August 2013
    The track is featured on a compilation album [The Rod Stewart Sessions 1971 to 1998] featuring rare tracks and some of the original mixes of the Faces material. When they were remastered the guitars were turned down in the mix [the same with some of Rod's early albums when they hit the CD format]. This album has the raunchier Stones-like vibe of the originals. The Faces were a good band ..

Check out this gem ...

• I must admit I'm gutted to see that, the guy is a Guitar God in my book and one of the few people to inspire me to play the guitar in the first place - hopefully just a real OFF day!!

• geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    edited August 2013
    I guess it can happen to them all - Here's Eddie also losing it slightly! Head to about 2.20...

• Yeh pretty poor, must have been smokin' pot!!!