Anyone seen my mojo?

DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
I can just never find the motivation to play my guitar these days.

I've been invited to a 'Speyside Sessions' reunion party on the 2nd, it's now two years since a bunch of us recorded the album together and most people are home for new year so it's a good reason to get everyone together.
Thing is, I should be excited and practising some songs as it is an open affair but I'm just not feeling it. I rarely pick up my guitar now, which is a real shame. There have been many threads by many people in the same situation, but today it's my turn!

Oh what to do. I'm not going to ditch the party invite but I don't feel like playing. And if I go, I'll be expected to play.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Probably gone AWOL like mine dude, I am the same no impetus to get going and most days feel the same as yourself.

But you have had a positive life change recently with a new partner and her kids, so only natural the geetar would take a back seat for now.

It is strange that so many are in the doldrums playing wise at the moment and there really is a lot of it about on here and in general out in the playing community.

I have had a 7 year hiatus before now and now my enforced 2 year (so far) pause. That was brought about by health issues though so I am hoping to remedy that in the coming months.

As for the party if you do not feel like it then don't play but bring a Bhodran, Cajon or similar so you can at least join in in some way, that may be a hoot for you.

Hope Mr mojo returns soon dude.
  • The party may be the thing that brings it back. Reminds you what you enjoyed and all that. And if you bollox up the odd part, it's not the end of the world.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Hey Stu, your GOT rendition was honestly one of my guitar highlights of 2013. 

Inspired me to try it out and I thank you for that sir. 

Have a great Hogmanay whatever you end up doing.