JXG build pics

What's Hot
Hello all, thought it might be interesting to some folks to see some pics of builds I've done and works in progress. I'll be updating sporadically - if anyone else wants to post pics of guitars I've made for them, or indeed worked on, please feel free :-)
Cheers, John 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Really looking forward to seeing these, as I've long wanted John to make me a guitar, but time (money) has never been right..

The closest I've got is a Les Paul Studio Tribute Mr JXG had pimped that was quite simply the most beautiful relic/piece of aging I've seen. I've never played a Fifties Les Paul, but I'm pretty sure I know what it would feel like now.  As usual I stupidly moved it on for something lesser, but there we are. I'm a numptie-wit.

I think the thing that hit me was the attention to detail, even on something  that wasn't 'his' and I'd buy it back in a eye-blink given the chance..

This is it..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DTyMrBdaAIM/UAcrO327__I/AAAAAAAACrQ/Pj9paiDfQE4/s1600/009.JPG
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XonLkP-MUT8/UAcrWZrnBII/AAAAAAAACrY/iReEUHYfEpM/s1600/010.JPG
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MRmEcwoJ2Jc/UAcrc-ikPSI/AAAAAAAACrk/xdPFapDNJJY/s1600/011.JPG

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited December 2013
    Hi John.

The neck on my strat was finished by JXG Guitars:imageimage
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I was really tempted by Shugz JXG Esquire, badly. No idea why I didn't have it off him. Thick.

The TV DC Jnr John made for me of late is the best gigging/sounding/sitting down on the sofa-ing and feeling gitfiddle I've had. Period. Eye'll be 'avin' another 'un.

But, as I'm sure John will support, other skilled luthiers will do the same for ya. They all have their own areas of expertise. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Here's my JXG '57 Jnr Replica, No.1 in my rig since the day I got it:

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What pickup you got tucked in there just now then? I got a SD Antiquity for the aesthetics really, but I tell you what, thru the rig gigging, it's the fckn bollocks mind. Really throaty/dynamic.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader

jd0272 said:
    What pickup you got tucked in there just now then? I got a SD Antiquity for the aesthetics really, but I tell you what, thru the rig gigging, it's the fckn bollocks mind. Really throaty/dynamic.
    I've got a vintage wind Aged MOJO P90 in there, sounds AWESOME. Keeping one eye out for a 50's P90 to drop in there at some point, then it'd be better than an original!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    Be some on MLP, they pop up now and again. You'll know that tho.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I am the happy owner of Shugz's lovely JXG Esquire... I'll try and get some pics up soon. The only one I have is of it being eaten by a shark... :)

Ya b'stard! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My partsa build is currently TSB but I'm gonna strip it and white blonde it I think.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    It's a really great little guitar... totally sold me on Esquires and I now seldom play anything else. :)
  • Johns work is pretty much the best I've found from an independent luthier. His work is top notch and mirrored by his attitude as a person.
    darcym said:
    Johns work is pretty much the best I've found from an independent luthier. His work is top notch and mirrored by his attitude as a person.
    Yeah John's a crackin' bloke in my book. Them dungarees do nowt for him mind   ;)  (Sorry John).