SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Blues 'jam' band - Chester

What's Hot
PalmPalm Frets: 0

Any drummers, bass players, guitarists in the Chester area, who are big into Blues, Blues Rock and would be interested in getting together to practice playing together (as a band).

Nothing serious, just hang out and jam with people rather than a backing track! Stuff like Junior Wells, Muddy, Albert King, Cream, Stones all the way up to modern bands like Led Zeppelin.    

I myself am 35 and have played guitar for 15+ years, I’ve just started getting up and playing at blues jams but it would be cool to practice outside of that (and away from an audience). PS. I've actually been "down to the crossroads" and have poured beer on Robert Johnsons grave (or so the blue sign said) so I'm expecting big things!  

If you're keen or even slightly interested, give us a shout and we can put our heads together.

Cheers,

Andy   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Modern bands like Led Zeppelin????
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6435
    Can't help with your quest for band members, but if you are into jam bands/ Blues/ Blues Rock and you are not familiar with Gov't Mule I suggest you get yourself onto Spotify asap and rectify that ;)

FWIW this is exactly the kind of band I will be looking for when I give up the wedding band thing.....IF I give up the wedding band thing...

• I am slightly interested and based in Chester ;) give me a PM!
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Could be interested in doing the bass, my little 30W amp might not keep up though......
  • That sounds like my bag too! Also chester based. Sign me up for a racket 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Balls, this is closest Jam i've seen, but it's still 45 mins away

I'm happy to come and mayer wank as 1 one off?

I also drum, but have no kit anymore :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @joeyowen I used to drive from Denbigh to Chester every day, its not that bad ;)
    @joeyowen I used to drive from Denbigh to Chester every day, its not that bad ;)
    That's because you get to leave Denbigh...zzzzziiinnnggg!

I kid...

Honestly, would love it, but I'm already out 2 nights a week, and have small child and another on the way, so 3 might land me in hot waters!

Maybe a couple of times, see how it goes
  • @joeyowen Dammit, was really hoping I'd freaked you out by knowing where you live. Obviously you've made the same connection as I have! Jealous of your PoT by the way! Would love to hear that in person
  • @joeyowen @colourofsound Denbigh lads!!??!!

I too am afflicted with the curse of Denbigh. :D
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    Kinmel Bay!  However, spent a while working in Denbigh a few years ago

Maybe a lift share is on the cards if we are making the trip
  • @joeyowen @bluechargeboy Yeah I'm ex-Denbigh now though!
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Born in Denbigh, escaped after 8 years, lived in Chester for 20 years - might be interested... pm me with details please!
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    The original post was June 1st and the poster hasn't come back since - it appears that when it was first posted, there was no interest. However there now seems to be interest - from all those posted so far (except me) is everyone wanting to play guitar? No drummer or singer?
  • Yeah, well I definitely do. I played drums in a blues band for 6 years and quit to play more guitar! I can sing though.