iPad, drums, etc

Hi folks,
I'm used to using my PC running windows to put demos together.  I record into reaper and, since I'm not much of a drummer, select drum loops from addictive drums, which always sound way better than anything I come up with and is loads quicker than programming drums, which I don't rally enjoy.

Sadly, however, my PC seems to have finally given up the ghost, and since I got an iPad with work, I don't actually use the PC for anything else.  My only computing needs at home are browsing the web and recording music.  Therefore I'm wondering if I can basically migrate my existing way of working to the iPad?

Is there an equivalent of addictive drums which is as good and as easy or easier to use?  Can you still work with reaper and vsts and vstis in the same way?  Is there some sort of connector I can buy so I can use my existing external USB sound card?  

Cheers for your help
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    I've used ninebuzz drumbeats to quite good effect although I mainly use it for jamming. Never really recorded on the PC with reaper so I can't say how it compares. It has a good range of beats and rhythms and you can copy and paste the audio into other apps
  • Cheers daveww. I've decided that rather than a setback, this is an opportunity to take things in a different direction so I'm ditching computers altogether and going to make music 'blind' on my r16 using the kaossilator for beats and noises.  This should keep things interesting and  If the others in the band like a song enough we can always record 'normal' drums down the line.
    Lost most of today already doing exactly this!
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    You could check out drum loops hd. Offers a bunch of good quality loops and fills at various tempos. Two different kits, modern and classic. Loops are split into different categories. Just click the one you want and it copies it to the ipad paste board. Can then paste into any daw. Th.e only thing is there isn't that many loops. About 5 loops for each style at various tempos. About 6 different styles. Andy