Planned projects for 2014

What's Hot
Hi 
I thought it might be good to see what people are planning to put together next year, I have a small mountain of projects for friends, family and me for 2014. 

HSS Swamp Ash Strat for my best mate and the best player I know. 
Walnut Strat SSS for me a complete refinish after screwing it up in pursuit of a better hand finish this year. 
SSS Swamp Ash Strat in trans blue for the a lady who bribes me with some of the best baked goods in the SE.
Cabronita Swamp Ash for me, with home wound pickups 

Probably more but those are the ones on my mind.  I also fancying doing something simple with some Mojotone Gold Foils sound really nice.

Last years partscaster

So anything you got planned it would be nice to here about

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Repair my Epiphone LP fixer upper.

Complete the Tele Deluxe build. I'll probably swap the pickups for something I can coil tap.

Regular Tele build with the natural ash body I have kicking around somewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Love the strat, by the way.
  • A boo boo tele (missed out on a body yesterday that went for a tenner...) on the cheap for funsies.

And my main one, a prs alike that's being built early in the new year.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Continuing to Rickify my Rickenfaker (for my personal pleasure).
  • I want to put together a 60s style double-bound Esquire. If I can behave and save up a lump sum, I'll do a full kit from MJT, if not I'll do it gradually.
  • benvallbenvall Frets: 83
    edited December 2013
    Thinking about a Floyd rose HH strat. Nice strat
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited December 2013
    Tele Thinline.  Spent ages sourcing a suitable maple neck. The original idea was Mary Kaye blonde with a black guard, but the first ash body I ordered was no good, so had a mahogany body with a bookmatched maple cap made (a la LP).  The trans blonde idea may be a waste and maybe better to go for the LP look ? 
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16661
    The stuff to finish:
    *Telemaster is just about cured and ready for a buff before assembly
    *double neck - been in progress for about 3 years, every year i say i will get it finished.  this will be the year
    *practice acoustic... may get abandoned along the way or i may finish it - still undecided.

The new stuff  - all a bit acoustic, all at the wood gathering and prep stage
    * a new hybrid design which will be the bastard offspring of a danelectro and 335, but a bit more acoustic than either - with art deco aesthetics and possibly fanned frets
    * a 9 string fanned fret acoustic - strung double course on the high strings
    * a 5 string open tuned parlour sized acoustic
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16661
    also, i will probably be moving house in the next few months so will be setting up a new workshop
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited June 2014
    I have plans and wood for:
    • Double cut, carved top Les Paul
    • Bronze Telecaster done this, made it butterscotch instead as the wood was too nice to cover up.
    • Danelectro DC 59
    Just need to find the time to make them...
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2013

Hmmmm.   Well this is everything I have ready to go now with all the parts.

2 Charvel Stars 1H Piss yellow and I'II try for a BudStar Graphic which I have been working on, on file.

2 Charvel Strats 1H w/ non recessed floyds

1 Charvel Strat V Trem headstock Paint

1 Jackson Dinky 1H old style Dinky Strat with one piece Houduran Mahogany body with 22 fret neck

Install and solder up Brass grounding plates and pups in my existing Charvels.

Jake E Lee Whitey Project with Proper 7.25" Bullet trussrod 70's neck and Chunky Brass Charvel 2" spaced Bridge

Another 62 sunburst Strat with SSL1s intead of Tex Mex's

...And I want to get a decent chunk of Mahogany and a template to make a Les Paul body with, having found a guy who sells pre contoured, slightly oversize, solid flame maple caps.  So a RR 74 Les Paul project.

Whether they get done or not is debatable as they've been on hold the last two years

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    The Fezcaster
    HSS Strat Chrome scratchplate
    I have the swamp ash body and will be getting the wudtone finish soon, pick ups will be Oil City (love the Hardman Ash did for me last year).
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Sambostar said:

...And I want to get a decent chunk of Mahogany and a template to make a Les Paul body with, having found a guy who sells pre contoured, slightly oversize, solid flame maple caps.  So a RR 74 Les Paul project.

Bartlett? http://bartlettguitarparts.com/products/custom-carved-top
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Jazzmaster project needs finishing/starting.
    If I don't sell the Ash Tele body that will become an Esquire.
    I quite fancy building a rosewood board Strat too (with Oil City Pickups and I fancy trying a Wudtone trem).

Then again, all could be subject to change/revision ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5460
    Need to finish the Cabronita I started over a year ago.

I also might play a guitar at some point in 2014. Check back next December.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I fancy having a go at my first parstcaster - a Cabronita body from guitarbuild and some Wudtone probably. I also plan on building an ampmaker kit at some point - can't work out which to start first!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Walnut strat to build - hoping to finish that one around the end of February/early March. No plans after that, but who knows... :)
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    I've got the Tele I hard wax oiled to put together, and then a hardtail Strat to do. And then an old style P bass. Hopefully all will be done by the end of 2014 :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• MickMick Frets: 98
    I want to build a guitar sometime next year, but don't know whether to go for a kit, or go buy parts and build from those TBH. Either way I'm bound to cock it up, so it'll probably be a test bed guitar. ;)
  • It's odd, as much as I love playing (and I really do), tinkering with guitars seems to make me tick in a different but equally engaging way.