Band/Brand Tattoos - Would you?

What's Hot
eSullyeSully Frets: 981
Making a coffee this morning when I noticed one of the guys from a different team has a massive Slashes Snakepit tattoo on his arm. the snake in the picture below.

I used to know a guy who had a full sleeve tattoo with loads of Skater company brand logos tattooed on his arm too, although I don't have any tattoos I do like them and might get one yet (a good old friend happens to be a decent tattoo artist as well) but I don't get the mindset behind, in particular, getting a brand logo tattoo. I don't think I like any band, brand or musician enough that I'd want their logo or name tattooed on me. What's your take on Band/Brand tattoos? Have you got one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    I'm still regretting that Rolf Harris tattoo :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    26reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Not for me....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6468
    I am so not a tattoo kind of guy - Hey, they look great on the right person, I am just clearly not the right person - but if ever I harboured even the slightest niggling thought of getting a tattoo, it was cured by watching Tattoo Fixers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    You are not the first person to have Rolf Harris on your knee for way longer than feels comfortable.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26870
    I'm not a tattoo person, and I can't think why I'd want anything related to a specific band written on me, not least because it's giving other people a reason to judge you. Suspect that's a big part of why I'm not a tattoo person in general.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27947
    I might have the barcode for those Branston Pickle flavoured Mini Cheddars, but that's as far as it'd go.

Those were very, very tasty indeed, and when I worked in an office that was attended each day by a sandwich van, afforded additional OCD value in that I counted the contents of each pack and had an Excel spreadsheet charting the mini-cheddar-count.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7280
    Id consider my own band, even if/when it ends ive put a pretty big chunk of time into it so i doubt its something that id ever regret.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I knew a chap who had the Triumph motorcycle company logo on his upper left chest, and another who had the BSA trademark (amongst a lot of other stuff) on his left arm sleeve. That's OK, if I were a dedicated rider of a particular brand I'd have the logo on me.
    Likewise your favourite guitar or amplifier brand, or maybe the image of you favourite guitar, from a photograph you took of it.

BUT: I wouldn't advise anyone under the age of 50 to get a tattoo. IMO it's not until you're gone 50 that you have much idea about what you want to wear on your skin for the rest of your life. Especially girlfriends' names. NO!

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you like it, why not? 
    I've only got one tattoo- a lacrosse stick running up my calf from ankle to knee and am tempted to get more, but I get the impression that if you have more than one tattoo you'll end up with LOTS!

I know quite a few people with band related tattoos (usually hidden in sleeves etc). 
    The most common is probably Biffy Clyro jigsaw pieces, I've also seen a LOT of Frank Turner related ink- usually the birds from Poetry- both of these are relatively subtle. 
    One of my best friends has the face from Jane Doe by Converge on his shoulder. It looks AWESOME. 
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    I have a football team logo tattooed on my arm amongst some other tattoos. Best advice I heard is that it's better to tattoo your football team instead of a partner's name as you are far more likely to stay with the same football team then your partner...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I am so not a tattoo kind of guy - Hey, they look great on the right person, I am just clearly not the right person - but if ever I harboured even the slightest niggling thought of getting a tattoo, it was cured by watching Tattoo Fixers.
    Ha, I think that's my take on tattoo's too, think they're great and really admire the artwork, as long as it's on someone else!! ;)

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    I have artwork from a couple of bands tattooed on me, one of which was done 12 years ago when I was 18. I still like them just as much now.

Tattoos are a very personal thing, it doesn't matter what other people think of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841

I imagine there are people out there with Rolf Harris tattoos. He had quite a following until his arrest. There's probably even more Lost Prophets tattoos out there as well.

Not related to the above, but tattoos have never appealed to me. But I do like the Schadenfreude associated with bad tattoos with misspellings etc.  

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    The one that I never understand is having your kids' names tattooed on your person. Why? Just...why?

And don't even get me started on the pointlessness of having a "NAN" tattoo. You love your nan? Wow. Thanks for sharing. Have a sticker, you retard.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4995
    I have Spirit Of The Age (Hawkwind) and All Is Forgiven (Trouble) tattooed around my wrists, together with symbols that are taken from the logo on the 4th Trouble album.

I have a skull and timer taken from the artwork on Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness. In my legs I have Eddie as well as Saint Vitus and Trouble logos.

I will be getting more Maiden tattoos soon as well.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sesh said:

I imagine there are people out there with Rolf Harris tattoos. He had quite a following until his arrest. There's probably even more Lost Prophets tattoos out there as well.

I like to browse charity shops for the second-hand CD's..... no surprise a while back to see a sudden influx of Lost Prophets CD's on the shelves.  Alas, for those poor fans who got inked, it's a lot easier to get rid of a CD than a tattoo...

Reverend said:
    I have Spirit Of The Age (Hawkwind) and All Is Forgiven (Trouble) tattooed around my wrists, together with symbols that are taken from the logo on the 4th Trouble album.

I have a skull and timer taken from the artwork on Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness. In my legs I have Eddie as well as Saint Vitus and Trouble logos.

The Rock/ Metal genres lend themselves superbly to tattoos, IMO.

Look how many different ways the Motorhead "Snaggletooth" logo was used on album artwork etc, there must be thousands of tattoos out there with various different takes on the Shaggletooth theme, and then when it comes to Eddie...wow, just so many different tattoos you could have based on that character.

Down had some great artwork that worked well on tattoos too, although there was one infamous tat that did the rounds that was supposed to look like Jesus smoking a spliff but ended up looking like Jesus smoking a turd....

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Reverend said:

You deserve a \m/ my good sir. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841

I watched a documentary ages ago about the Libertines*. I don't know why, I can't stand Pete Doherty. The pretty much forced a fan to get Libertines tattooed on his chest. It seemed like a vile abuse of power.

*may have been BabyShambles.

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    I wouldn't. The bands that I absolutely LOVED in my life have all fallen to a lesser status over time.