Band/Brand Tattoos - Would you?

What's Hot

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I've got tattoos, but no band names or logos.

I came really, really close to getting the GnR bullet done on my chest, with a bullet exit wound as a back piece. I don't really listen to GnR much these days so I'm glad that I couldn't come up with the funds at the time.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't either, for the same reason as axisus.
    Imagine having a Lostprophets tattoo now?

I have quite a lot of japanese style ink- I did consider having the SYL logo hidden in the layers but decided against it.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I could never have a tattoo as I am too fickle and even if I liked it when it was done, I would dislike it at some point in the future.

I've always thought the Badmotorfinger emblem would make a good one though. Without the SOUNDGARDEN bit.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'm still regretting that Rolf Harris tattoo :(
    There's a joke about a Rolf Harris tattoo. If you know it, have a little snigger. If you don't, well, I guess you could google for it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28111
    They should do tattoos with e-ink.

Then you could change them whenever you liked. Probably by plugging a mini-USB lead into a toe.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    The one that I never understand is having your kids' names tattooed on your person. Why? Just...why?
    Why stop at the name ... when you can tattoo their face onto you!!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    CHRISB50 said:
    I could never have a tattoo as I am too fickle and even if I liked it when it was done, I would dislike it at some point in the future.

I've always thought the Badmotorfinger emblem would make a good one though. Without the SOUNDGARDEN bit.

I've seen someone with that and it looked great actually. I think they had the old Sepultura logo as well

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24248
    Sporky said:
    I might have the barcode for those Branston Pickle flavoured Mini Cheddars, but that's as far as it'd go.

Those were very, very tasty indeed, and when I worked in an office that was attended each day by a sandwich van, afforded additional OCD value in that I counted the contents of each pack and had an Excel spreadsheet charting the mini-cheddar-count.
    I so want that to be true.

Even if it isn't, please lie to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22772
    edited June 2016
    I am so not a tattoo kind of guy - Hey, they look great on the right person, I am just clearly not the right person - but if ever I harboured even the slightest niggling thought of getting a tattoo, it was cured by watching Tattoo Fixers.

What a bunch of cretins they are on that programme.  Someone comes in with a smiley face round their nipple and instead of getting it lasered off in about 5 seconds flat they leave with some gigantic picture of skulls, butterflies and roses covering half their body.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    I might have the barcode for those Branston Pickle flavoured Mini Cheddars, but that's as far as it'd go.

Those were very, very tasty indeed, and when I worked in an office that was attended each day by a sandwich van, afforded additional OCD value in that I counted the contents of each pack and had an Excel spreadsheet charting the mini-cheddar-count.

It's true - well, not the tattoo bit, I think it's pretty unlikely I'd ever have it done.

The MD of the place I worked at the time seemed a bit disturbed by it to begin with. After a year or so he wanted weekly updates on the chart.

In case you're interested, the norm was to have 31 mini cheddars. Typically around 28 would be intact, with the rest made up of halves or smaller pieces. Usually those pieces could be reassembled into complete mini cheddars. I didn't spot any seasonal variations of significance.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Sporky isn't that because they are sold by weight so assuming the product is of consistent size & density the same number will make up the same weight?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Yes.

It wasn't that I thought there'd be significant variation. It was a combination of finding the ritual (including making little stacks of five mini cheddars) quite comforting, and knowing that it slightly unsettled the MD.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24248
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

It's true - well, not the tattoo bit, I think it's pretty unlikely I'd ever have it done.

The MD of the place I worked at the time seemed a bit disturbed by it to begin with. After a year or so he wanted weekly updates on the chart.

In case you're interested, the norm was to have 31 mini cheddars. Typically around 28 would be intact, with the rest made up of halves or smaller pieces. Usually those pieces could be reassembled into complete mini cheddars. I didn't spot any seasonal variations of significance.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I should have kept the spreadsheet, but I'm squeaky about deleting everything to do with an employer whenever I get a new job.

Which is a shame because there were also some excellent animated GIFs of the MD's head on various animals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I've got some band related ones planned in future. Related to bands who I've been a fan of for over a decade and inform my tastes/loves in music significantly enough that I'd be happy to squeeze some artwork in.  Got to finish my unfinished left arm first though!
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

I already sort my mini cheddars and crisps into "Intact" and "Damaged" piles before I eat them. It never occurred to me to keep a spreadsheet on the numbers, but I might have to start now.

For the record, I eat the damaged ones first and then consume the intact pile in size order.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Only here could a thread on tattoos descend into a comparison of who has the most OCD eating habits. :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Only here could a thread on tattoos descend into a comparison of who has the most OCD eating habits. :D

Oh, I'm sure I pale into insignificance compared to some people here. I just do the usual things, like separating Smarties, M&Ms and Skittles into colour piles and then eating them in such a way to keep the numbers equal. Apart from the orange Smarties, obviously they have to be eaten last.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have teh Pearl Jam 'Stickman' on my arm, Live on my leg and Placebo on my other leg and will soon be going to have the Neds Atomic Dustbin symbol on my inner leg and the Sub Pop symbol on my wrist..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goatgoat Frets: 98

You dont put bumper stickers on a Ferrari...

Just kidding, Ive got the needlephobia.