Has anyone got/ ever had a Guild guitar?

xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
Always something of an 'under the radar' brand in my experience, mainly becuase I've never come across too many dealers.

So just to satisfy my cuiousity, and perhaps turn my attention their way should GAS strike again, what are your experiences of Guilds, and should I make a point of trying one?

For reference, I am particularly interested in electro acoustics, and in terms of what's currently aavailable new, I see that they've introduced their latest line of the 'Westerley Collection'. Any experience of those?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3490
    Yeah.  I have a GAD F212, which is the precursor to the Westerleys.  

I've not tried the most recent Archbacks but played pretty much all the others, they are excellent guitars.  Of the new Archbacks, I'd be most intrigued in the 12 string, it's basically a MIC JF-30-12 which IMO is one of the greatest 12's ever made. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    yep i had a GAD om style nice guitar
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Thanks so far.

So for reference (and correct me someone if I'm wrong) it seems that the Westerleys are a rebadged/ perhaps slightly tweaked 2016 version of the GADs, correct?
    Skarloey said:
    Thanks so far.

So for reference (and correct me someone if I'm wrong) it seems that the Westerleys are a rebadged/ perhaps slightly tweaked 2016 version of the GADs, correct?
    Yep, pretty much.  It's the third incarnation of the MIC Guilds, with the GAD's being the first.  There have been subtle changes to the lines over the years.  Depending on what you are after, certain incarnations may suit you better or worse than others. 

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited June 2016
    Definitely looking at an electro.

They do intrigue me. I think maybe because I like Richie Havens so much.

Richie is one of the finest.