SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Martin 000-18 (2014) with K&K pickup, £1500

TrudeTrude Frets: 914
edited May 2018 in Acoustics £

Martin 000-18 - £1500

This is the updated model with forward-shifted bracing and new neck profile, and it's lovely (spec is here).  The neck is a joy - 24.9" scale length makes it very easy to get around.  I bought it new, and had a K&K pure mini pickup installed.  It has been gigged a bit, but has been well looked after.

Collection from Fareham (PO16) or can ship at cost.

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
    Hi there 

All three are stunning, I don't suppose you would be interested in a trade for a CS Strat [ I knows the dark side] I have a D-41 and would love a 000- martin to accompany it 

Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Thanks!
    Just looked at your Strat. Nice, but a bit too blingy for me really. Still, if a cash buyer isn't forthcoming after a week or so a trade could make sense.

Drop me a PM

Trading feedback here
    The Brook is now sold.  I'm keeping the Martin (can't bring myself to let it go) but the Loar is still available folks!

Trading feedback here
  • Hi, I'm interested in the Loar, but I cannot see the pictures, did you remove them?
    Sorry, it sold some time ago.

The Martin is up for grabs again by the way, for anyone who might be interested

Trading feedback here
    Will fix the image links when I get a chance tomorrow

Trading feedback here
    Images fixed!

Trading feedback here
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Hi, I'm interested in the Loar, but I cannot see the pictures, did you remove them?
    Trude said:
    Sorry, it sold some time ago.
    Just a reminder that we don’t allow deletion of Classified content. Here is the deleted text. Unfortunately the seller has taken down the pictures of guitars which have been sold:

Acoustic Bonanza Sale! Martin 00-18 available, others sold FS - Martin 000-18 (2014) with K&K pickup, £1500

Let's start with a family photo:

L-R we have:

• Brook Teign Dreadnought (2003) 
    • Martin 000-18 (2014)
    • The Loar LH 700 VS Archtop

So, I'm having a clear out of some lesser-used acoustics.  Most likely these will be headed for eBay after the weekend, but I thought I'd give the FB folks a look-in first.  I'm based in Fareham, Hampshire, but am happy to ship within the UK at cost by arrangement.

I'll give some brief details and extra pics here - please ping me if you want any other details!

Brook Teign - £1100

I have this available in another thread, but since I've finally got round to taking some new photos I thought I'd include it here.  It was hand made in Devon in 2003 and is Sitka on Rosewood.  Ebony fingerboard and the smoothest action I've ever come across on an acoustic.  Very slim neck profile and great upper-fret access due to the slim heel joint.

It has a K&K pure mini pickup installed and comes with a Hiscox hard case.  Great condition, with nothing more than a few bumps and scrapes to speak of

Martin 000-18 - £1500

This is the updated model, and it's lovely (spec is here).  The neck is a joy - 24.9" scale length

Martin 000-18 - £1500

This is the updated model with forward-shifted bracing and new neck profile, and it's lovely (spec is here).  The neck is a joy - 24.9" scale length makes it very easy to get around.  I bought it new, and had a K&K pure mini pickup installed.  You can still smell the nitro.  I'm only moving this on because I convinced myself I need a dreadnought instead, and so I'm just not putting enough miles on it to justify having it around.  I won't be upset if this one doesn't sell…

The Loar LH-700-VS Archtop - £450

This is a great option if you want an all-solid, hand carved archtop, but don't want to pay Gibson prices.  Very good quality build and a beautiful thing to look at.  The flame maple back, sides and neck are really special.

I admit I bought this on a whim, and have never quite developed the playing style to get the most out of it.  It does have that punchy, yet articulate archtop sound in abundance.

It's finished in nitro, and I've found it pretty susceptible to dings.  It has a couple that are quite noticeable, and it would quickly look pretty well aged if someone gave it a good thrashing.  I see that as a good thing, but you might want to pass on this if you want a pristine museum piece.

It also comes with a great, rigid foam backpack case.  I've used this to transport many of my other guitars to gigs as it's so light and convenient. 

So, there we go.  I won't be bumping this thread, and these guitars will be moving to eBay shortly.  Please ping me this weekend if you want to discuss!  Extra photos below:

bought it new, and had a K&K pure mini pickup installed.  It has been gigged a bit, but has been well looked after.

Collection from Fareham (PO16) or can ship at cost.

(
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Sorry, I didn't know this was a problem - I was just trying to tidy up what was a fairly sprawling post.  Not totally sure why people would want to read details of stuff that's been sold, but fair enough if those are the rules.  

I didn't take any images down deliberately - the links just broke for some reason over time, and I only fixed the ones of the guitar I'm still selling.  

For future reference, how much detail of sold items should be left?  The full, fluffy description or just the basic details?  

Trading feedback here
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Trude said:

For future reference, how much detail of sold items should be left?  The full, fluffy description or just the basic details?  
    All of the description should be left.

You just need to append SOLD to the detail and title.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Trude said:
    Sorry, I didn't know this was a problem - I was just trying to tidy up what was a fairly sprawling post.  Not totally sure why people would want to read details of stuff that's been sold, but fair enough if those are the rules.  

I didn't take any images down deliberately - the links just broke for some reason over time, and I only fixed the ones of the guitar I'm still selling.  

It’s a sort of community resource, as I understand it. Handy to look back at what stuff has gone for/likely to fetch..
    As for basics v full fluffy, not sure, but I’d probably err on the side of full fluffy, if it was me..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Ah..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Bump

Trading feedback here
    Sold (not on the forum)

Trading feedback here