1x12" Bass cabs, what's good?

What's Hot
littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
Mate in work is downsizing his set up and is looking for a 1x12 to go with a TC BH250 head. Will be used for smallish pub gigs mostly, typical covers band. Any suggestions? All budgets considered.
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    This is a perfect match for a BH250 in smallish pubs IMO... and just 16lbs :-O

Or then again, a 1x12 this time... 

I have this old model 1x12 which you can pick up used for £300-£350 and it rules in pubs...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Barefaced all the way unless budget is an issue.

If it is, the MarkBass New York 121 is nice, although I haven't heard one with anything other than a Little Mark head. I might be inclined to get a Little Mark anyway though, the TC is not renowned for reliability.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Genz Benz if you can find them.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Ooh, one more idea: TKS. £370 for the 1x12 and very nice apparently. 

Thinking about Barefaced again (I'm a huge fan, having gigged the heck out of one for 5 years), if I owned that particular TC head then I'd be tempted to look at the Two10 as you can buy it in 4 ohms to gain the full 250W from the amp. 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23955
    Bergantino CN112. I just sold a pair. Good cabs!
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but he just told me in work today that he's bought a TC BG250 12" combo. Impetuous fucker ;) The Toneprint thing has him coo-ing like a schoolgirl, haha.

Hopefully the reliability worries won't be a problem. TC stuff ,from my experience, either craps out early on, or lasts forever!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    If he's kept the head, check if there's some way of connecting the speaker in the combo to it - I can't remember how it's done on the TC combos. If there is he can use the head as a backup for the amp in the combo.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson