Burns Vista Sonic Bass - Any info?

markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
I got this bass years ago and I've played it a handful of time. Badly.

It's not 'minter' but has a nice roadworn look. I know very little about it, it came into my Dad's shop as a part-ex and he took it home for me when I was a kid.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about it? And if it's OK to ask what is it worth?

Cheers.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    edited June 2016
    One in similar condition sold on Reverb last year for over 1K but that was in US. Yours seems to be missing a fitting in front of the bridge, some kind of mute would be my guess. Cool looking bass.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @JezWynd - thanks for that, I did see that but it looked a bit better nick (and a US price) - I actually didn't notice the missing part until today. Might be something to hunt for.

Ta, yea is a nice bass, I just don't have time to play it. I spend far to long being an average guitar player :)
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I would think it's the same age as my Splitsonic 1963 I would say it's worth about £800 to £1000 if that helps if you want to know more I will dig out my Burns book and let you know

@Ianpdq - that much? (it's like being in antiques road show) I'm in two minds if I should keep it or not it's quite a nice thing to have, but I never use it so no point in it taking up space.
    @Ianpdg cheers. And the same bit 'missing' as mine. must of be something that got removed by players.
  • KevinKevin Frets: 33
    @markblack a nearly identical '63 Burns Vista Sonic Sunburst (but in almost mint condition) sold in the UK from a seller in Beckenham on Reverb.com for around £1,000 a couple months ago